Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Williams vs Everritt

Who will play a game this season from now on ahead of the other and why?
    Last edited by Dry Rot; 05-06-2007 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Williams once played earlier this year
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Williams vs Everritt

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Who will play first this season and why?
    We have a winner. Williams has already played a senior game this year.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We have a winner. Williams has already played a senior game this year.
    OK, you win.

From now on. Will edit my first foolish post.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that is holding back Everitt is his frame.

He's proving himself already to be a very skilled and talented defender as well as a booming kick. Would provide another viable option other than Gilbee at kick-ins. The repeated kick-out in the second quarter was a debacle that could have and should have been avoided.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, you win.

From now on. Will edit my first foolish post.

Both are a big chance to be included this week imo. As WestDog mentioned the only knock on Everitt is his light frame but that is probably just a minor consideration.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The only thing that is holding back Everitt is his frame.

He's proving himself already to be a very skilled and talented defender as well as a booming kick. Would provide another viable option other than Gilbee at kick-ins. The repeated kick-out in the second quarter was a debacle that could have and should have been avoided.
    What about Everritt v Wight?

Post Thanks / Like

To be frank I think that in terms of form, Everitt is in front of Wight. Cam had a good start to the season and played well toward the end of last year, but going on current form, it has to be said, he's in trouble.

The question to be asked now is, can Everitt hold his feet against bigger, more experienced opponents? At the moment, despite his form, I'm not 100% sure.

If, hypothetically, he were to be selected for this week's game, who would he take?

Post Thanks / Like

Everitt by miles for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel Cam has been serviceable this year, although not outstanding. No way is he ready for the ruck yet where he has been thrown a few times, still needs another pre-season to see some more significant improvement, but that doesn't mean he can't do a reasonable job as a third tall defender. He could be a useful option up forward perhaps too imo, just needs more confidence over head.

Everitt will overtake Cam you would think, although I wouldn't downplay Wight's chances of becoming a reasonable footballer in his own right.

In relation to the actual thread question, I agree with GVGjr that both will come under serious consideration this week, certainly as Eade has said Darcy will probably be retained and he won't play '3 ruckmen' so Minson could possibly have another week in the B's. That leaves Williams and Everitt as two with a pretty good chance, considering Ray and perhaps McDougall are the others in line for a recall along with Murphy of course.

4GIVME Guest

i think williams may get a go this week ahead of everitt. although both are good players and which ever one doesn't get choosen it won't be too long until one of them is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GIVME View Post
    i think williams may get a go this week ahead of everitt. although both are good players and which ever one doesn't get choosen it won't be too long until one of them is.
    I am leaning towards this as well. Williams probably has a better match-ups on the resting ruckman against the Lions. Last time we played them in the pre-season cup Charman caused us all sorts of problems. With Harris otherwise occupied with Brown, Williams appears to be a good option. We could stick with Wight but he is down on form.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Everitt is still young and very lightly framed, whereas Williams has already developed as far as the body goes.

Andrejs Everitt
    Jumper No: 29
    Height: 193cm
    Weight: 78kg
    DOB: 13/03/1989

Tom L. Williams
    Jumper No: 12
    Height: 196cm
    Weight: 98kg
    DOB: 1986-07-17

However, as far as football brain goes, Everitt is probaly ahead as he has probably played more games even thou he is 3 years younger. Its very hard to come from a Rugby background to Aussie rules.

Either way, the future for both boys is looking good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    To be frank I think that in terms of form, Everitt is in front of Wight. Cam had a good start to the season and played well toward the end of last year, but going on current form, it has to be said, he's in trouble.

The question to be asked now is, can Everitt hold his feet against bigger, more experienced opponents? At the moment, despite his form, I'm not 100% sure.

If, hypothetically, he were to be selected for this week's game, who would he take?
    I feel sorry for Wight in a way as he has been thrown into the ruck alot this season due to Darcy's poor form and has not been allowed to settle in the CHB position. If they want to make him a ruckman, then fair enough he is learning, but we can't then turn around and criticize him for not being a good backman. I think its hard for a player that has played less than 30 games to be thrown around like he has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Everitt is still young and very lightly framed, whereas Williams has already developed as far as the body goes.

Andrejs Everitt
    Jumper No: 29
    Height: 193cm
    Weight: 78kg
    DOB: 13/03/1989

Tom L. Williams
    Jumper No: 12
    Height: 196cm
    Weight: 98kg
    DOB: 1986-07-17

However, as far as football brain goes, Everitt is probaly ahead as he has probably played more games even thou he is 3 years younger. Its very hard to come from a Rugby background to Aussie rules.

Either way, the future for both boys is looking good.
    We could include both. Everitt is not an option against talls but against flankers he could more than hold his own given his pace. Williams could play against both talls and smalls.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    We could include both. Everitt is not an option against talls but against flankers he could more than hold his own given his pace. Williams could play against both talls and smalls.
    I'd play them both too. One as a straight swap for Wight possibly Williams. With Everitt you'd be guaranteed that he'll put in a better effort than some of seniors did.