Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Jason Akermanis, Barry Hall come up to speed, but Brad Johnson's in the mix too

Robbo - H/S - 12/02

TWO of the Western Bulldogs' elder statesmen - Jason Akermanis and Barry Hall - have clicked off the field and they see no reason why it won't be the same on it.

Along with skipper Brad Johnson, they represent 915 games and 1579 goals. And Akermanis and Hall are adamant all three can successfully co-habitat in the forward 50m.

Coach Rodney Eade expects his veteran trio will each play between 80 and 90 per cent game time.

"It's going to work as long as they are prepared to back their own ability, at the same time not sacrifice the team," Eade said.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason Akermanis, Barry Hall come up to speed, but Brad Johnson's in the mix too

Anyone else notice the missing words in this story... lazy proofreading, or is Robbo on the turps?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason Akermanis, Barry Hall come up to speed, but Brad Johnson's in the mix too

Mark Robinson is plain awful

Post Thanks / Like

Pre season last year Robbo stated on SEN that the Dogs would be in the bottom 5 after 5 games.
    I haven't yet heard him EAT HIS WORDS
    Hence I have no respect for his Jounalism

Post Thanks / Like

Journalism OopsI think I need a new battery in Keyboard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    Pre season last year Robbo stated on SEN that the Dogs would be in the bottom 5 after 5 games.
    That was Robert Shaw who said that not Robbo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    Like he probably has no respect for your spelling.

Seriously though, Robbo as a journalist or any of us as football supporters/watchers are entitled to an opinion, doesn't mean we always get them right.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    That was Robert Shaw who said that not Robbo
    Yes it was I remember that day. He was on Doran's show.