Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAB Cup - Other Teams Games

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post

I think we do need to be a little concerned about the Collingwood result. They had a very even spread of goals from their many small players who can rotate through that area (reminded me of a Bulldogs goal sheet from any of our previous few years). Jolley was about best on, and Ball had a very good outing.
    If any coaching team should know how to stop that kind of forward line it would be ours.

If the ball's coming in pressured then it shouldn't matter anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If any coaching team should know how to stop that kind of forward line it would be ours.

If the ball's coming in pressured then it shouldn't matter anyway.
    Why? We're the only side that has played with such a set up and haven't had to play ourselves in the H&A season. Their set up is still more traditional than ours was anyway, as they do have a couple of tall targets.

I'm more thinking along the lines of match ups anyway. I guess Morris can play small and Lake/Williams can take Cloke/Anthony. Our offensive defenders will need to be very mindful though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Picken taken to the last line of defence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Why? We're the only side that has played with such a set up and haven't had to play ourselves in the H&A season.
    But we've had far more time analyzing how oppositions have shut us down and would be familiar in what ways are the most successful. The practical side is untested but the theory should be solid.