Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAB Cup - Other Teams Games

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well, someone assumed Armitage was having a shot and it all started from there.
    Just on Armitage, he needs to refine his skills but at this early stage despite Ball's positive performance last night he does appear to be a ready made replacement in the same role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Just on Armitage, he needs to refine his skills but at this early stage despite Ball's positive performance last night he does appear to be a ready made replacement in the same role.
    I always thought Armitage was a touch slow, but he ran well last night and his clearance work was really impressive (finished with 9 I think, with most of them effective centre clearances).

The loss of Ball won't affect the Saints on field at all.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Jetta's first touch at the highest level was pure class. There was a reason why I yelled at the TV when he was taken just before our first pick....

EDIT: Wowee...
    Last edited by comrade; 20-02-2010 at 10:11 PM.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Lewis Jetta's first touch at the highest level was pure class. There was a reason why I yelled at the TV when he was taken just before our first pick....

EDIT: Wowee...
    You were saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Rohan has also looks the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

I still say Sydney improve out of sight. I haven't seen the game, but seeing the comments about Jetta and seeing Dennis-Lane in the best just confirms my opinion on those two players...

They will be alright!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I still say Sydney improve out of sight. I haven't seen the game, but seeing the comments about Jetta and seeing Dennis-Lane in the best just confirms my opinion on those two players...

They will be alright!
    Jetta looked very, very good. Quick, smart and skillful. I hope Roos plays him because I read a few months ago that he didn't expect Jetta to play many if any. Going by past players (Vezpremi for example) that wouldn't be completely far off the truth. However - Jetta looks ready to play.

Dennis-Lane didn't do a lot IMO, but was a touch unlucky. He moves really well and I can see him having an impact.

Swans have quite a few good young players. O'Dwyer showed some good signs and one or two others caught my eye. If White and Bradshaw can have solid reasons they might be OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Jetta was brilliant and what a great draft from Sydney Rowan looks like a young Brendan Goddard,Jetta reminds me of Cyril Rioli.On that game anyone notice riewoldt getting a dodgy 50 for a certain goal,and yet tonights game in the 3rd quarter the exact same thing happened to Simon Wiggins and NO 50 METRE PENALTY!!!! Talk about protected spiecies that German Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Brock McLean had a night to forget, he wouldn't shake Kirk's hand before the bounce and then couldn't get the ball all game.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Brock McLean had a night to forget, he wouldn't shake Kirk's hand before the bounce and then couldn't get the ball all game.
    That looked pretty bad IMO. I was glad to see Kirk give him the run around.

Carlton are stupid for using Pick 11 on McLean anyway. Aside from some grunt work, he offers very little else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    That looked pretty bad IMO. I was glad to see Kirk give him the run around.

Carlton are stupid for using Pick 11 on McLean anyway. Aside from some grunt work, he offers very little else.
    I actually don't mind Brock McLean, and a couple of years ago thought he was one of the more promising types running around - particularly from his draft year. At the end of the day though, you are spot on. Slow inside mids are a dime a dozen, and the 2009 drafts in particular saw a large number of inside mids available, quite a few who already had senior level experience in the WAFL or SANFL.

Given Carlton's strengths and weaknesses, it sure was an interesting choice. They look set for a fairly long year.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha bad handball from Mooney else Pods would of got his first AFL goal

Post Thanks / Like

Nth look a new team, good stuff, Geelong cant possibly be happy with this, not like them at all even if it is NAB cup.

Post Thanks / Like

It was only a matter of time before Geelong turned it on.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

North looked OK/ Some positive signs moving forward for them. A number of their younger players showed something today. Wright is a bit similar to Dale Thomas whilst Anthony was prolific. Robbie Tarrant did OK too.

Their forward half is shaping nicely as well. Petrie and Hale as the two talls, Warren looked very good as a third foil and then the likes of Campbell, Thomas (When he returns) and Harvey.

The midfield still seems to be their weakness but they'll be hoping Wells, Ziebell, Cunnington and Bastinac can work together.