Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAB Cup - Other Teams Games

I thought North didnt back the tall forwards enough at times.
    I think Hawkins is primed now, big body time to make his mark.
    Last edited by ledge; 21-02-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

If we get past the Hawks we have a great shot of winning this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If we get past the Hawks we have a great shot of winning this.
    If we do beat Hawthorn, we then play the winner of West Coast v Port Adelaide.

The way the AFL have the fixture on their website says that match will be played at Etihad or AAMI (not Subi), so I'd prefer West Coast to win, guarantees a game then at Etihad.
    Last edited by The Coon Dog; 21-02-2010 at 11:27 PM.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    If we do beat Hawthorn, we then play the winner of West Coast v Port Adelaide.

The way the AFL have the fixture on their website says that match will be played at Etihad or AAMI (not Subi), so I'd prefer West Coast to win, guarantees an game then at Etihad.

Good point. Just watching the Freo and Melbourne game. The Dees are very poor at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good point. Just watching the Freo and Melbourne game. The Dees are very poor at the moment.
    I thought so too, I couldn't be bothered watching anymore.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the Nth Geel game today/tonight, mainly to watch Podsy of course....but anotherplayer i was watching was Ben Warren of Nth...thought he played pretty well and hes in for a ig year this year i reckon....
    Awesome to see Pods make a big bump, even if it was a it high ...... and also great to see him kick a goal.....im not used to only seeing him kick one tho...but im happy he managed one...could had a couple more tho.....

Post Thanks / Like

Gee.

Melbourne would be disappointed with that display. Looked really ordinary, their decision making and foot skills were poor and they didn't seem to have much of a game plan. For a side that has only won a handful of games over the past three seasons, this is the type of game they should be looking to really build on. That wasn't the case.

The pressure will be on Bailey if he doesn't produce something a bit better this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised by how poor the Demon's were, I had expected a lot of improvement from them this year. Morton played well from what I saw. It will be interesting to see how consistent Jurrah is able to be, as he did barely anything today (admittedly was cramping a lot in the second half).

Freo didn't set the world on fire, but were still a level above the demons for the majority of the game.

Was very impressed with North, Warren looked the goods, as did Anthony and Adams.

Cats would be disappointed, but it's still 7 months until they have to be playing their absolute best footy. I wouldn't be too stressed if I was a Geelong supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

North have been primed for months for this game,where geelong are 5 weeks behind in fitness and preparation. North will be good early but will fade when big bodies come into play. What an appalling effort from melbourne wouldn't you think with all those early picks there would be some energy and excitement. I've ssaid it before Bailey is a cloned version of Rohde

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I thought so too, I couldn't be bothered watching anymore.
    Both teams made a heap of mistakes(I ended up falling asleep during the 3rd quarter). Melbourne have been overrated because of the draft picks they have had.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Both teams made a heap of mistakes(I ended up falling asleep during the 3rd quarter). Melbourne have been overrated because of the draft picks they have had.
    Yep. They certainly have the talent there now, but as we know, talented draft picks can take a while to arrive, and some of them simply don't. I think they'll still improve on last year, and probably get a bit better as the year progresses, but they still have a fair way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

For all Melbourne's picks they only have 1 genuine forward key position prospect coming through in Watts who is by their own admission 3-4 years away. I expected more from them last night, not a lot of positive signs of improvement in that performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok for those who watched the Freo Melbourne game, cauld you tell me how Michael Barlow went......I dont have foxtel, and im spewin i missed his 1st game.......Was a huuuuugggeeee fan of his during his Werribee days....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minson27 View Post
    Ok for those who watched the Freo Melbourne game, cauld you tell me how Michael Barlow went......
    29 disposals. Looks like he went alright.
    Last edited by Go_Dogs; 22-02-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Whoops

Post Thanks / Like

An interesting tid bit - how are Freo going to get all of their rookies onto the senior list?

De Boer and Pearce both look the goods, Barlow had a great hit out yesterday, and young Van Berlo is also coming along in leaps and bounds. I'm actually pretty surprised that De Boer and Pearce weren't upgraded at the close of last season after both having fairly decent first years.