Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our opponents next week: Lions

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Did anyone else really enjoy seeing Cooney back spending time in the midfield. I think he gets a bit stale when he is stuck up forward all the time. In all the doom and gloom of last week his great game got lost a bit. Had 11 clearances and was at his explosive best. I hope we leave him in the middle this week.
    Good call, I really enjoyed Cooney's work in the middle. I actually got a bit worried when he kicked his goal though -somehow seemed v arrogant, not saying it was his fault, but they fired up and we took it a bit for granted. Agree with Mantis that Selwood is likely to take him, be a good test and I'd like us to give him a chance to break the tag even if he struggles initially.

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I suspect that Eade would have loved to have Grant available this week so that he could play one of Harris or Grant loose to help out on Brown but Harris is in good enough form to get the job done.
    I reckon that Williams will have instructions to be the third man up if Brown is played deep. Needs to be careful though because if they then direct play through Williams' opponent he might get caught out.

I'm interested to see who'll be put back to give us run - I think Ackermanis, Cooney and Harbrow are all chances to spend a bit of time in defence.

Looking forward to the duel between West and Black. West's smashed him a few times lately but Black has got his form up this season.

Be interesting to see if Matthews sees if they can outrun us or if he just tries to shut the game down. Interesting that they brought Allan back in who did well in the Hobbit Cup against us, surely we'll shut him down this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our opponents next week: Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I agree with what Liam Pickering said last night that Johhno is going to be a hard matchup for Brisbane..
    I hope Matthews gives Patfull a crack in defence on Johnno, could be a good match up.