Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day - Bulldogs vs Lions

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    How serious are the knee injuries? Couldn't see the game last night as I had other commitments, and not what I like seeing first thing this morning reading the paper. Terrible news if they're both out.
    Sounds like Cross did a medial which is a good result and will be out for 6-8. Reporting Griffens as a patella tendon/dislocated knee and maybe only a month. Watching them on the tv that looks about right. I tipped Crossy had done a medial straight away but thought Griffen had done an acl. The only other thing it could have been on the angle he fell would have been a dislocation so that makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news (I guess) as much as it can be. Going to be pretty tough to cover both of these lads for an extended time. Let's hope that any further scans don't reveal anything more sinister.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Good news (I guess) as much as it can be. Going to be pretty tough to cover both of these lads for an extended time. Let's hope that any further scans don't reveal anything more sinister.
    It will be difficult but we had a massive amount of injuries last year so we can do it. All going well and pending on scans they will be both be back towards the end of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Agreed, not great but was better than Street last night.
    Ideally Darcy needs to the 1st ruckman. In another week or two I'm sure we will go that way and have Darcy supported by Minson.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    Ideally Darcy needs to the 1st ruckman. In another week or two I'm sure we will go that way and have Darcy supported by Minson.
    I tend to agree, and I think we'll look much more dangerous with that set up.

Post Thanks / Like

You dont cover for them with one or two direct swaps. You just need everyone to combine to cover them. Mcmahon, Guido, Harbrow, Ray, Aker, Cooney etc may have to have slightly different roles and give a bit more to cover the two of them. If Robbins could come in and eliminate the need to play Cooney forward then that would be pretty handy but Robbins needs to rediscover his defensive efforts.

I wonder if their is a case for now trying Sam Power as an inside midfielder. We have all known that one of the best things he has going for him is his quick hands but with West and Cross previously permanent fixtures in the centre we probably have not been able to throw him into the mix due to balance. Maybe now he could slide his way into the rotation. Not sure how he would go because even though he has good hands I think he is more of a run and recieve type. Could be time to throw him in and say sink or swim. Either way we need to lift collectively to cover the loss of two quality players. We have had a good injury run so we cant really complain.

Really annoyed that Griffen got injured after the way he was playing. Lets hope that sort of form is not far away when he comes back. Bit worried about him dislocating a knee because depending on how it recovers the long term effects can be worse than a knee reco (see Warren Tredrea). If the cap doesn't tighten up it can start popping out all the time and become a real nuisance. Tends to play on your mind as well. I have to wear a brace pretty much just to stop mine falling out all the time. Sometimes they just dont tighten up and thats what happened to Tredders. Hopefully it was just a freak incident and he doesn't have a patella that is inclined to jump out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    I think those days are gone when Darcy is the number 1 ruck. Street is a great tap ruckman and with 24 tap outs to Charmans 18 he once more showed why we are now winning clearances. He doesn't do much around the ground and needs to take more marks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I wonder if their is a case for now trying Sam Power as an inside midfielder. We have all known that one of the best things he has going for him is his quick hands but with West and Cross previously permanent fixtures in the centre we probably have not been able to throw him into the mix due to balance. Maybe now he could slide his way into the rotation. Not sure how he would go because even though he has good hands I think he is more of a run and recieve type. Could be time to throw him in and say sink or swim. Either way we need to lift collectively to cover the loss of two quality players. We have had a good injury run so we cant really complain.
    Its a huge ask. He doesn't do that at Werribee.
    Faulkner is more your in and under type, needs to start finding the ball.
    After thinking about its probably easier to replace Cross than Griffin.
    Someone that breaks the lines, and can take players one on one. I don't include McMahon as a replacement as he was in the side if not for an indiscretion.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone please explain to me why so many times Street wins the tap only for the ball to go to an opposition player?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Its a huge ask. He doesn't do that at Werribee.
    Faulkner is more your in and under type, needs to start finding the ball.
    After thinking about its probably easier to replace Cross than Griffin.
    Someone that breaks the lines, and can take players one on one. I don't include McMahon as a replacement as he was in the side if not for an indiscretion.
    I agree that he would struggle to make a go of it but thought I would just throw it up.

Faulkner is a strange player to categorise. He is tough and puts his head over the ball but he doesn't win a heap of the ball in close. More of an impact player than someone who is going to really win alot of the football.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think those days are gone when Darcy is the number 1 ruck. Street is a great tap ruckman and with 24 tap outs to Charmans 18 he once more showed why we are now winning clearances. He doesn't do much around the ground ......
    Apart from roll onto Cross's knee. (I know it was an accident)
    Charman was probably Brisbane's best with 21 possessions and 5 marks. I assume taking out of ruck contest and kicking or handalling is not counted as a tap. How many of Street's 24 taps were effective?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why so many times Street wins the tap only for the ball to go to an opposition player?
    Great question, if anyone knows why, it might help us out.