Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs faithful already howling with excitement

PETER HANLON - The Age - March 1, 2010

ONE win away from only the seventh grand final appearance in the club's history, the Western Bulldogs have been given a staggering example of where their first big challenge of the new season lies. How do the Dogs keep a lid on it?

A crowd of more than 10,000 swamped yesterday's family day at Whitten Oval, still giddy from Friday night's Barry Hall-inspired drubbing of Hawthorn.

The support delighted Bulldog officials, and left them issuing an unfamiliar plea for calm.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs faithful already howling with excitement

Funny how this article refers on a couple of occassions that our semi final will be played in Adelaide.

Post Thanks / Like

Smorgon, Rose, Clayton and Eade(plus everyone else behind the scenes) need a big pat on the back. From 250 people in 97 to 12,000 in 2010 is absolutely amazing.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

^^
    Agreed.

My uncle took his kids down there yesterday. He said the queue for autographs at the Barkly St end went back to Geelong Road. The club were apologising profusely. As muh as the kids were disappointed to only get the one autograph, my uncle was at least happy so many turned out.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see such a turn out. Hopefully the team can ride the wave of support. Go Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    ^^
    Agreed.

My uncle took his kids down there yesterday. He said the queue for autographs at the Barkly St end went back to Geelong Road. The club were apologising profusely. As muh as the kids were disappointed to only get the one autograph, my uncle was at least happy so many turned out.
    Your Uncle is very popular.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Funny how this article refers on a couple of occassions that our semi final will be played in Adelaide.
    Wasn't the only bit of media that said that. At one time SEN said we were playing at Subiaco. I wasn't sure what was going on and thought I'd miss this week. Thank God, or Bazza, that I'll now be at the Dome on Frid Nite.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the Whitten Oval on Sunday for "Family Day". Gee I didn't know I had so many Relatives!!! All 12,000 plus of them. Broke again nex xmas