Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under the pump

Post Thanks / Like

Under the pump

Which players are under the most scrutiny/pressure from each club? Not really looking for guns who play extremely valuable roles, more so players who have struggled for form or have put pressure on themselves.

Crows- Brent Reilly
    Lions- Brendan Fevola
    Blues- Ryan Houlihan
    Pies- Luke Ball
    Dons- Bachar Houli
    Freo- Ryan Murphy
    Cats- Tom Lonergan
    Hawks- Josh Gibson
    Dees- Brad Miller
    North- Daniel Wells
    Port- Danyle Pearce
    Tigers- Brett Deledio
    Swans- Paul Bevan
    Saints- Raphael Clarke
    Eagles- Daniel Kerr
    Dogs- Barry Hall

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Under the pump

Good thread.

Given your criteria of "players who have struggled for form or have put pressure on themselves", for the Dogs, I'd probably nominate Everitt more than Hall. I see BAZZA as a gun, who will play a valuable role for us. Everitt has promised a lot, and to date been somewhat disappointing.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Rough for Deledio to be under the pump given he's been their best mid in recent times. But I guess that's Richmond for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Rough for Deledio to be under the pump given he's been their best mid in recent times. But I guess that's Richmond for you.

I agree that Deledio looks out a bit out of place with that list. I'd welcome him to the kennel.

Post Thanks / Like

The players I selected are under pressure for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Given your criteria of "players who have struggled for form or have put pressure on themselves", for the Dogs, I'd probably nominate Everitt more than Hall. I see BAZZA as a gun, who will play a valuable role for us. Everitt has promised a lot, and to date been somewhat disappointing.
    I don't really see Hall as being under massive pressure to perform, more so under pressure not to snap. I think his time with us with be massive to how his career is finally rated.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I agree that Deledio looks out a bit out of place with that list. I'd welcome him to the kennel.
    Me too. He isn't under pressure to hold his spot, more so to live up to his reputation/potential. He was valuable last year but he is still playing like a gun kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    The players I selected are under pressure for a variety of reasons.
    I don't really see Hall as being under massive pressure to perform, more so under pressure not to snap. I think his time with us with be massive to how his career is finally rated.
    Fair point. I'm hoping for a Disney-like ending...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Adelaide : Trent Hentschel [injury riddled, has never been the same since those shocking injuries]
    Brisbane : Travis Johnson [front runner, very inconsistant]
    Carlton : Brad Fisher [now that Fevs gone, needs to stand up and help out the forward line]
    Collingwood : Chris Dawes, Sean Rusling [Dawes has been rated pretty high for a while now, Rusling, similar to Hentschel]
    Essendon : Scott Gumbleton [see above]
    Fremantle : Ryan Crowley [another inconsistant one, need to fire up]
    Geelong : Ryan Gamble [maybe a little bit harsh, but with Mooney on his last legs, and Hawkins starting to show form last season, Gamble needs to stamp himself as a perminent player in their side, when in good form, can add quite a bit to their forward line]
    Hawthorn : Beau Dowler [another harsh one, has improved, but with the hype, needs to take that next step, needs to find his position]
    Melbourne : Cameron Bruce, Brad Green [2 experienced players that should have shown alot more than they have done over the past few seasons, they were both gun juniors.
    North Melbourne : David Hale [might be best to look at GC17 next season]
    Port Adelaide : Justin Westoff [first year, was great, has tapered off big time, needs a big season.
    Richmond : Troy Simmonds [is he still on their list?]
    St Kilda : Steven Baker [hard nut, was the berometer for the Saints going back a few seasons, has been held back with injury, but needs to improve for them to take the next step imo]
    Sydney :
    West Coast : Ashley Hansen, Sam Butler [have both been in the system for a while now, both injury prone, both have the talent, both need big seasons]
    Western Bulldogs : Brennan Stack [needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck, and display his talents on a consistant basis, otherwise he might be left behind, just like Malcolm Lynch.]

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Fisher might struggle considering he did his knee a couple of weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Richmond : Troy Simmonds [is he still on their list?]
    Yes, he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    True - standing up may present some difficulty for a while!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Do you know which knee surgery he had, was it the quick fix?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Do you know which knee surgery he had, was it the quick fix?
    Do a search on the Hun or Age sites but I seem to remember he was considering the Malceski type option.

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search on the Hun or Age sites but I seem to remember he was considering the Malceski type option.
    Carlton's Fisher to undergo knee surgery

Carlton forward Brad Fisher is the latest player to undergo the revolutionary LARS knee surgery and expects to return to football within 12 weeks.

Fisher suffered a partial tear of his right ACL in last Saturday night's NAB Cup loss to Sydney and underwent the ligament augmentation and reconstruction system (LARS) surgery on Wednesday.

LARS involves using a ligament made of industrial strength polyester fibres to augment the torn natural ligament and has been used successfully on Swans defender Nick Malceski.

After speaking to Malceski and Carlton's medical team, the 25-year-old decided to go ahead with the procedure

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshom...-knee-surgery/
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Very talented player, with a very high ceiling on what he could possibly achieve. Would look great in Bulldogs colours.

Good thread topic RJ. I will have a crack at some stage this week. Tiller is one who springs to mind from the Dogs perspective. Has played some good games, and some poor ones. Really needs a big year, but is behind the 8-ball with his preparation due to injury.

Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda : Steven Baker [hard nut, was the berometer for the Saints going back a few seasons, has been held back with injury, but needs to improve for them to take the next step imo]
    How?

He is a limited player in terms of skill who found his place as a tight checking small defender last season. He doesn't have the skill that many of his team-mates have so rightfully uses them to distribute the ball.

Western Bulldogs : Brennan Stack [needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck, and display his talents on a consistant basis, otherwise he might be left behind, just like Malcolm Lynch.]
    Agree in a way, but he has only played 3 games and with our list being quite well stocked for small/ medium forwards he may struggle to get a look in.

It is a big year for him in terms of getting a consisitent performance from him (probably at Williamstown), but he might well be better suited to this thread next year.