Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Under the pump

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Under the pump

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How?

He is a limited player in terms of skill who found his place as a tight checking small defender last season. He doesn't have the skill that many of his team-mates have so rightfully uses them to distribute the ball.
    Had a wonderful 2009 finals series, wiping the floor with a couple of handy types in Aker and Stevie J in the process. Kosi or King would be my 'under the pump' choices from the Saints.

Deledio has won the last 2 B&F's at Richmond. He was very consistent in 2008, but his 2009 was sub-par for the majority of it, and winning the B&F was a sad indictment on the season that Richmond had. With his natural gifts, he should easily be a top 10 player in the competition. Has developed some poor habits and still does an awful lot of stats padding off half back - all too rarely does he actually influence the contest (partly the result of being in a shithouse team to be fair).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I agree that Deledio looks out a bit out of place with that list. I'd welcome him to the kennel.
    I would have thought Turnover Tambling would be more likely to be under the pump for the Tigers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I would have thought Turnover Tambling would be more likely to be under the pump for the Tigers
    I actually agree with that, should have gone with Tambling. I still do believe Deledio is/should be under the pump though. He gets touches and his SC scores look good but I really don't believe he is doing enough.

Post Thanks / Like

How?

He is a limited player in terms of skill who found his place as a tight checking small defender last season. He doesn't have the skill that many of his team-mates have so rightfully uses them to distribute the ball.

Agree in a way, but he has only played 3 games and with our list being quite well stocked for small/ medium forwards he may struggle to get a look in.

It is a big year for him in terms of getting a consisitent performance from him (probably at Williamstown), but he might well be better suited to this thread next year.
    Baker, He is nowhere near where he was 4 or 5 years ago, he was ther number one tagging option going back, he has never been skillful, but made up for that with his tenaciousness [we have had many of those at the Kennel], now that tag belongs to Clint Jones, plus ageing wise, the game may just be slipping past Baker.

Stack, what makes you think he will last next year if his form doesn't go upwards? He just seems to me, to be the type that doesn't do enough, a little bit like Cam Faulkner, i really hope Stacky proves me wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Baker, He is nowhere near where he was 4 or 5 years ago, he was ther number one tagging option going back, he has never been skillful, but made up for that with his tenaciousness [we have had many of those at the Kennel], now that tag belongs to Clint Jones, plus ageing wise, the game may just be slipping past Baker.
    He now has a different role (tight checking small defender). As Sedat alluded to Baker performed extremely well in the finals and for that matter, the entire year. He is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Stack, what makes you think he will last next year if his form doesn't go upwards? He just seems to me, to be the type that doesn't do enough, a little bit like Cam Faulkner, i really hope Stacky proves me wrong.
    I'm pretty sure he has a 2yr contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Crows- Jonothan Griffin
    Lions- Jamie Charman
    Blues- Ryan Houlihan
    Pies- Sean Rusling
    Dons- Jason Laycock
    Freo- Ryan Murphy
    Cats- Tom Lonergan
    Hawks- Thomas Murphy
    Dees- Danial Bell
    North- Aaron Edwards
    Port- Warren Tredrea
    Tigers- Jordan McMahon
    Swans- Jarred Moore
    Saints- Raphael Clarke
    Eagles- Ashley Hansen
    Dogs- Tim Callan
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure he has a 2yr contract.
    Well thats good, i really hope he makes the most of it, and doesn't end up another wasted talent, he got me pretty excited the first time i saw him play for Willy, breaking the lines through the guts, just had this confidence about him.

He has also played well at times for Willy, probably more so as a rebounding defender, but alot of the times, he does seem to go missing as well.