Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Johnson to miss NAB grand final

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Amen to that, and what about the suit that is too small??? Anyway, heard Rocket on the radio today saying Johnno looks like being available round 3 - don't want to risk him, as it's more important to have him fit at the end of the season rather than the start! Don't want to bring him back too soon and have him perhaps re-injure himself. Makes sense to me, and I think the medical staff would know better than me even
    Agreed, whatever is best for Johnno is most important. We can spank the Hawks for his 350th game instead!!

Post Thanks / Like

Im hoping this doesnt turn out to be a Scotty West-Case of 2010..

Touch wood it is completely opposite and he comes back more determined and fitter than ever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    Guys looks like he may not play round 1 either

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225839028993
    Richmond would be praying he plays round 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Im hoping this doesnt turn out to be a Scotty West-Case of 2010..

Touch wood it is completely opposite and he comes back more determined and fitter than ever
    First thing that came to mind when I saw this thread. Admittedly, I'm a pessimist, but I fear this could be the beginning of the end. How many times have we heard "My mind is willing, but the body isn't"... I hope this isn't the case.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    to quote Richo on Channel 7 last week

"it would be terrible if he missed his 350th game"
    Haha... kind of like BAZZA last year when he was interviewed by Sam Newman. Sam suggested that if things go wrong, he could kill someone on the footy field, to which BAZZA replied "Yeah, that wouldn't be very good"...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Just hope as previously said this isn't the beginning of the end. Scotty West was a week away for about 10 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

My Son is coming down from Qld for round 1, supposidly to be at Johnno's 350th. Looks like he'll just be at Bazza's 1st real game.
    Get Well soon Johnno.
    We all Love ya amd miss ya

We mustn't liken Brad's injury to Scott West's. Scott's was an ongoing Stress fracture that needed time to heal and Time caught up with him. Brad's doesn't sound as bad, however knowing (as I am an older bloke) how long injuries take to heal when we get older, there may be some underlying problems that may be causing a delay in Brad's healing
    I like all of you want him out there leading us, but I do want a FIT Johnno not a broken down icon

Post Thanks / Like

I had a calf injury for about two months last year . They are incredibly frustrating injuries when you get [dare I say it] older.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Johnson to miss NAB grand final

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    I have a reserved seat on Level 1, Aisle 28. It's just around from the point post. I like it, have sat there for years now. Level 2 is probably the best view, but if you can't get level 2 I'd choose level 1 over level 3 any day!! We usually have a few empty seats around us which are sold on game day if people want them. Unfortunately it's usually the opposition supporters!!
    Suz I'm Just above you on level 2 aisle 28 and I'll never let my seat go, unless I get a better one in row A Level 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I had a calf injury for about two months last year . They are incredibly frustrating injuries when you get [dare I say it] older.
    Remi. I had inflamed casings of both achilles as a 12 y/o took me half hour every morning to get any movement in them and the pain was nearly unbearable. finally after 2 rounds of cortisone injections over 12 months I came good. Just reckon the cortisone has probably caused worse problems in later years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    Suz I'm Just above you on level 2 aisle 28 and I'll never let my seat go, unless I get a better one in row A Level 2
    I have to say I would prefer row B to Row A on level 2. It might just be me but I found that the barrier (to stop you falling off) kinda gets in your way when the ball is being moved along the boundary line underneath you. It might just be because on the day I had an epic hangover, but I found it bloody annoying having to shuffle and stretch in my seat the whole game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevw9 View Post
    I believe Rd 3 reserved seating is availble now? Can you guys advise of the best seating position at Ethiad?
    I love my seat. Level 1, smack-bang on the centre line, about twelve or fifteen rows up from the boundary. High enough to get a view of the whole ground, but close enough to the ground so you can really hear all the bumps and sounds of the game, and see the sweat flying off the boys when they fall over each other near the boundary. Also, perfectly in line with shots 45 degrees out (on the near side of course) on either side of the ground. Right behind Bock and Johnno's shots after the siren in the last couple of seasons, and saw that they were off-line right off the boot.

Went up to the Gold seats on Level 2 for few games a few seasons ago but was just far away enough from the action that it just felt like watching on TV. Just wasn't the same, and switched back very soon after.

ps. Btw, watching footy at the G' (especially forward pocket, members' wing) beats Etihad every day of the week, Medallion Club or no Medallion Club (been planning to join for a while now for the affiliate/transferable MCC membership, but I hate the sterile feel of the Medallion seating area, often get a few tix for the A-League games, just can't get used to it.)