Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Barry Hall has Dogs barking

Kevin Sheedy - Herald Sun - 12 March

PAUL Roos and the Sydney Swans must be watching Barry Hall start his career at the Western Bulldogs and be wondering what have we done?

I don't know what's happening in the club and what was frustrating Barry so much that he got so animated with his actions last year. He is clearly a different person now.

You could see something was really annoying him in his life. I would flick over the television and watch some of their games and think he is not happy, he is a volcano running around.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Barry Hall has Dogs barking

The way he snatched the ball out of the air against Fremantle last week, you just knew no one else was going to touch it.

I cant remember playing Fremantly last week....Port Fremantle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    The way he snatched the ball out of the air against Fremantle last week, you just knew no one else was going to touch it.

I cant remember playing Fremantly last week....Port Fremantle?
    Yes, whoever is proof-reading Sheeds articles needs to do some fact-checking too.

Not a bad article though, I think he makes some good points.

He was down in Adelaide earlier in the week and I heard him talk about GWS. He's a very knowledgeable guy. Hope he's right about Barry being the missing piece of the puzzle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Yes, whoever is proof-reading Sheeds articles needs to do some fact-checking too.

Not a bad article though, I think he makes some good points.

He was down in Adelaide earlier in the week and I heard him talk about GWS. He's a very knowledgeable guy. Hope he's right about Barry being the missing piece of the puzzle.
    This is so clearly Sheedy elevating the war against the Swans after Roos' recent comments about GWS. It's practically transparent.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    This is so clearly Sheedy elevating the war against the Swans after Roos' recent comments about GWS. It's practically transparent.
    I thought exactly the same thing when I read it. This will be an ongoing thing from Sheeds I'd say. Stirring the pot as usual and with the AFL's blessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Barry's intentions are clear, "if you get in the hole in front of me you will be smashed. I've rung the ambulance already''.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Barry's intentions are clear, "if you get in the hole in front of me you will be smashed. I've rung the ambulance already''.
    Terrible quote.

If Hall cannoned into player he would come under intense scrutiny from the MRP and would cop a harsher penalty than anyone else.

Can someone tell Sheeds it isn't 1985.

Post Thanks / Like

It does make a difference if some defenders believe it, whether Barry would do it or not. He is the last bloke in the competition with a real presence that makes the opposition defence think twice, and that can only be a good thing for the guys standing around him in red, white & blue.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It does make a difference if some defenders believe it, whether Barry would do it or not. He is the last bloke in the competition with a real presence that makes the opposition defence think twice, and that can only be a good thing for the guys standing around him in red, white & blue.
    I'd say Jonathan Brown is up there with Barry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I'd say Jonathan Brown is up there with Barry.
    Fair point, but I don't think Brown has the reputation for volatility. I think Tom Harley described Hall as the last forward who genuinely makes oppositon backman fear him.
    I know it is easy to get sick of the "when will Bazza snap" specualtion, but in the meantime I think it actually helps our cause.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Fair point, but I don't think Brown has the reputation for volatility. I think Tom Harley described Hall as the last forward who genuinely makes oppositon backman fear him.
    I know it is easy to get sick of the "when will Bazza snap" specualtion, but in the meantime I think it actually helps our cause.
    No I agree not now. Early in his career he was more of a worry but he has certainly pulled his head in now.

Post Thanks / Like

Just Sheedy stirring the pot whipping up some publicity in his war with Roos and Sydney. He loves the blood and guts stuff