Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Riewoldt the new Lloyd

Just had a gutful of the sight of Riewoldt with his arms spread DIVING forward on basically NO contact. It's reaching Lloyd proportions and that free kick was an absolute disgrace

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riewoldt the new Lloyd

The free kick was for a chop of the arms by Morris, wasn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

I couldnt believe that was a Free Kick very slight contact but Riewoldt milks it for all its worth
    Remember the Prelim Acting by Rooey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just had a gutful of the sight of Riewoldt with his arms spread DIVING forward on basically NO contact. It's reaching Lloyd proportions and that free kick was an absolute disgrace
    I don't think he plays for frees that much at all and I wouldn't be blaming him for an umpire making an error.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think he plays for frees that much at all and I wouldn't be blaming him for an umpire making an error.
    I think he plays for frees way too much, perhaps I would to if I got them given to me so often.

Regardless, anyone who gets a fairy tap and goes down as if shot deserves no respect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's a talented player, but the umpires make it very hard to like him.

I think he is certainly in the protected category with Ablett and a couple of others who seem to get the free kicks that others don't. There was at least one occasion last night where Morris was in front, and got his arms chopped from behind by Riewoldt and of course, no free kick was fourth coming. If it had been Morris behind and Riewoldt in front, different story 9/10 times.

I don't think he tends to play for frees all that often, but the dive in the preliminary final certainly sticks in the mind as being a pretty obvious case of taking the dive. Hell, if our players were going to get those frees, I'd tell them to dive too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I think he plays for frees way too much, perhaps I would to if I got them given to me so often.

Regardless, anyone who gets a fairy tap and goes down as if shot deserves no respect.
    He got one free kick for the night didn't he which clearly was an umpiring error.
    If he is playing for them all the time as people are suggesting then obviously he's very poor at it and opposition teams will reap the rewards.

Post Thanks / Like

He may not "play" for the frees, but he's a golden boy in the umpires eyes, and he's as soft as custard. Love seeing the big ponce crying. All the bumping last night between BAZZA and his opponents, and I don't think one was penalised. Yet Custard goes down in a strong Preliminary Final breeze, and it's like he's been shot. And it gifts them a GF spot.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

For the 2 hours when we're playing them, can't stand him, but by God he works his arse off for his team. Just never stops running, has a great tank, but can undo all his good work with kicking for goal.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Ray Chamberlain loves the controversial call. I have no problem with Riewoldt at all and have never seen his playing for a free kick any worse than Johnno's (and FWIW I don't think Johnno is that bad. I mean, he does ham them up, but he also gets hammered a lot).

It was clearly a terrible decision. Was it Griffen that got pushed into Riewoldt? I think it was, but stand to be corrected. Anyway, the contact between he and Riewoldt was fairly forceful and it certainly wasn't the fact that it put Riewoldt down that outraged me.

F*&king Ray Chamberlain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    For the 2 hours when we're playing them, can't stand him, but by God he works his arse off for his team. Just never stops running, has a great tank, but can undo all his good work with kicking for goal.
    I think he's a great player and like you do I think he's works as hard as any player in the competition. Playing a bit for frees is par for the course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

Thats what I think . He's a great player but really the throwing the arms out is becoming an annoying habit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    He may not "play" for the frees, but he's a golden boy in the umpires eyes, and he's as soft as custard. Love seeing the big ponce crying. All the bumping last night between BAZZA and his opponents, and I don't think one was penalised. Yet Custard goes down in a strong Preliminary Final breeze, and it's like he's been shot. And it gifts them a GF spot.
    Geez Andrew, you're a tough judge!!!

He gets twelve feet in the air and gloves them without ever thinking of letting go to protect himself.

And did you see just how hard he ran last night after contesting in the midfield and then burning Morris to cinders with pure gut running to get back into the forward 50 for a lead?

He's a freak. You're definitely right that he's a golden boy, but it's pretty tough to call him soft.

However I share your bitterness over that PF incident. In fact, I take it all back. Screw the Roo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    Geez Andrew, you're a tough judge!!!

He gets twelve feet in the air and gloves them without ever thinking of letting go to protect himself.

And did you see just how hard he ran last night after contesting in the midfield and then burning Morris to cinders with pure gut running to get back into the forward 50 for a lead?

He's a freak. You're definitely right that he's a golden boy, but it's pretty tough to call him soft.

However I share your bitterness over that PF incident. In fact, I take it all back. Screw the Roo!
    Ahh dfa4pm - good to see you have a balanced outlook!!

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno does it also on the odd occassion. Brent Harvey another one, I don't think riewoldt is soft mighty fine footballer. Gee they need a new target up forward everything goes to riewoldt