Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riewoldt the new Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I couldn't agree more, every player dives at some stage and it's up to the umpires not to pay these free kicks.

Griffen got his nine pointer against Port last week because he threw his head and arms back when he was touched without the ball, then Cassisi swore at the umpire and gave away a 50. Griffen then scored a nine pointer, which you could argue affected the result of the game.

I am a Riewoldt fan, I only hate him when he plays against us and if I could add any player in the league to our team it would be him.
    I wouldn't. For as good as he is, I just don't think he has the hurt factor. Fair enough I don't see anywhere enough games of footy, but from what I do see he's not a player I regard as a guy who can hurt a team.

If I was going to take a Saints player it would be Goddard.......daylight.......Hayes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I wouldn't. For as good as he is, I just don't think he has the hurt factor. Fair enough I don't see anywhere enough games of footy, but from what I do see he's not a player I regard as a guy who can hurt a team.

If I was going to take a Saints player it would be Goddard.......daylight.......Hayes.
    I can't agree with this.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

!!!!! Not that Goddard isn't a good player, but !!!!!

Riewoldt - Hayes close behind -------daylight--------- Montagna ----------- daylight ------------------------------------------------------------ Fisher/Goddard/Gilbert

Post Thanks / Like

I'll put it this way. Without Riewoldt for the season, the Saints are lucky to make the 8.
    Without Goddard they probably drop off slightly but still go top 4.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I hope you are joking.

Just trolling for any umpires in our midst.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=dfa4pm;141250]Go easy mate. You were correct in your assertions that Chamberlain didn't make the call. I did think it was him, and like I said, am happy to accept the correction.

Similarly, it's not fair to point out the comments of others who have opinions, colourful as they may be, on umpires. We don't know them as people, we can only make our assertions on what we see. If someone thinks they are a bunch of overpaid monkeys or whatever so be it. It's not like they're saying kill their children.

Having a go at an umpire is a lot different to petty name calling on a board where people are meant to be pulling in the same direction. And there's no doubt we could all trawl through each others past posts and find things a bit skewiff, out of line or incorrect. Big deal.

If I disagree with someone, I'll say it. And if I'm proven wrong, I'll wear it. And that's the way it should be.[/QUOTE]

Good on you dfa4pm - totally agree with you. I've posted like this before, but we all need to respect one another's opinions, even if we don't agree with them. We are all on the same side, after all?

Post Thanks / Like

Good on you dfa4pm - totally agree with you. I've posted like this before, but we all need to respect one another's opinions, even if we don't agree with them. We are all on the same side, after all? [/QUOTE]

That's always been my angle!
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post

Just trolling for any umpires in our midst.
    Fair enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he changed all that last year as he actually started kicking straight. It was his major flaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I've seen photos of people who've been shot who make less of a fuss than this.

Can someone tell me has the life support system been withdrawn?
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Well following in the footsteps of Lloydy he has twanged a hammy.......looks like a 3 week injury at least