Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

We fear no one - Western Bulldogs president David Smorgon

"We fear no one" love the confident attitude....

We fear no one - Western Bulldogs president David Smorgon
    Jon Ralph | Herald Sun | March 15, 2010

WESTERN Bulldogs president David Smorgon has declared his side fears no team as it chases an AFL premiership to go with the NAB Cup.

The Bulldogs basked in the glow of their first trophy in 40 years on Saturday night but will quickly focus on the Round 1 clash with top-four contender Collingwood.

Smorgon said the club was aware pre-season glory meant little in the season proper, but he urged last year's preliminary finalist to attack the year with a positive mind.

"The way we played against St Kilda, we would go into season 2010 fearing no one," Smorgon said.

"We have a harder edge to our club. We have been building on this for a long time, and now we have to go on with it.

Click HERE to read the remainder of the article...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: We fear no one - Western Bulldogs president David Smorgon

"The lid is right on. I am under firm instructions. If I took the lid off I would get the sack

I liked this bit, he seems to be struggling with the lid and who is ever going to sack Smorgo.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Shut up Smorgo. Too much barking too soon.

Round 1 is a huge match, a loss their could deflate everyone badly with all this hype.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post

Round 1 is a huge match, a loss their could deflate everyone badly with all this hype.
    I agree, we won the NAB Cup. We are feeling great and the confidence levels are high, but it is a long way to the Grand Final.

Supporters, other players and the media will perceive us as being cocky and we will be fair game.

We already know they are going to get Bazza loose his cool so we don't want them to have more ammunition than they have already.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post

We've got a fairly tough first month, and we really need to make sure we do well.

Collingwood is a very tough game, and although Hawthorn have their injury worries, Rd 3 is going to be a tough game, and then Brisbane at the Gabba.

We should really be aiming to be 4-0 as early wins will take the pressure off as we head towards September. Anything can happen though, and we'll really need to be at the top of our game come Rd 1. The intensity will be much higher than it was in the NAB GF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post

We should really be aiming to be 4-0 as early wins will take the pressure off as we head towards September. Anything can happen though, and we'll really need to be at the top of our game come Rd 1. The intensity will be much higher than it was in the NAB GF.
    I wouldn't have thought the intensity will be all that different to what we saw on Saturday night come rd 1. What makes you it will?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I wouldn't have thought the intensity will be all that different to what we saw on Saturday night come rd 1. What makes you it will?
    Not sure if it was just talk but Gia said on 774, Round 1 has the highest intensity bar finals. He expects it will go up again in round one compared to the nab cup GF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Not sure if it was just talk but Gia said on 774, Round 1 has the highest intensity bar finals. He expects it will go up again in round one compared to the nab cup GF.
    Quite right BM. This game is already a sellout(and should be at the G) However we mustn't get cocky. Remeber the Blues 2 years in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!