Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Aker - Barry Hall gets people talking

Jason Akermanis - Herald Sun - 24 March

WAYNE Bennett's assessment of my new teammate Barry Hall probably best sums up what most think of the big bloke.

For those of you who have never heard of Bennett, he is an NRL coaching legend with the Brisbane Broncos and now St George Illawarra.

I have enjoyed speaking with him during the past decade on a wide range of sporting subjects. When we met in the Qantas lounge at Brisbane airport by chance a few months ago, it didn't take long for Barry Hall's name to be raised.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aker - Barry Hall gets people talking

Akers back.

That was a good read, thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently went to a family event and everyone knowing that im a mad Bulldogs fan the topic quickly turns to footy when the season is not far away from starting.

However different to previous years, people used to come up to me and say "how are them Bulldogs going to go this year?" or something along them lines. Except at the recent family event last week they were all asking me "how's Barry going to go this year?"

I wanted to point out players like Williams, Griffen and co that have also stepped up their game from last year and are just as much the reason for us looking a better side this year than last.

Post Thanks / Like

As a Bulldog tragic of some 46 years, I too find this year, people are asking me about Barry, and not about the team? I guess it was always going to be that such a dominant player with a colourful history is going to be the talking point of our team. However, my secret (!) is that I know about all the other great players we have zooming around the rest of the field. I'm not really used to all this attention media-wise, and have mixed feelings about it but it's great for the club financially. Wouldn't want us to get too far ahead of ourselves, but................. bring it on!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited
    I just can't hide it
    I'm about to lose control and i just can't fight it.
    WOOF WOOF WOOF