Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 games

Post Thanks / Like

Round 1 games

Carlton way too good for the under performing Tigers side but the Bombers are playing well tonight.

Should be a good round.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 games

The Cats were just too powerful. I liked the look of that Mitch Duncan. Great kick and enough pace and looks a real prospect.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed about Duncan. He didn't star in the game but certainly must have whetted the appetite for the Cats fans.

Carlton good on Thursday night or were the Tigers just poor?

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond were atrocious I wouldn't read much into that game.essendon have Football Bi-polar disease,they remind me of us in about 2005.I've never seen a team concede so many goals in succession so often

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Agreed about Duncan. He didn't star in the game but certainly must have whetted the appetite for the Cats fans.

Carlton good on Thursday night or were the Tigers just poor?
    The Tigers were awful.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tigers were pathetic. One of the worst footballing displays I've watched in a long time. They have a long way to go before they even think about thinking about playing finals. The next few years will be bottomg four finishes for them, they'll struggle to knock off Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The Tigers were awful.
    Spot on, to me they lack a decent spine. No key forward, Jack Riewoldt isn't bad but I wouldn't have him as FF.

The same with Mitch Morton, Troy Simmonds is starting to look like the game has passed him by and who do they have besides Kel Moore as a key defender.

The Tigers have some promising small running type players but thats about it, it's going to be a long season for the coach and the supporters, and with the 2 other teams coming in over the next couple of years is taking the wooden spoon going to give you all that much in the draft.

Carlton may have look good at times during the game and scored quickly but I like to see how they go with some more intensity on their tails.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Going to be a long year for Richmond, but I think there is light at the end of the tunnel. Deledio, Cotchin, Jackson, Connors and Martin will form the nucleus of a pretty strong midfield. Riewoldt looks good, Morton can kick a couple. A few of their other kids looked lively. They'll make a lot of mistakes though, and it's very much a work in progress.

Carlton looked not bad. I question whether they can do it that easily against a better side applying more pressure, but they have a lot of guys who can bob up and do good things. Murphy played a very good game, but poor old Gibbs just couldn't get into it.

Last nights game was a pretty good contest until during the last qtr where Essendon seemed to run out of petrol tickets and Geelong ran away with the game. Lots of positives for the Bombers though, who looked quick, and certainly worked hard defensively. They just lack a bit of class going forward offensively. Their contested/clearance work was very good for the majority, which was surprising in a way because their contested ball was a question mark I had.

Hille looked good in his comeback from the ACL injury, but looks like he'll be rubbed out for a couple of games. Gotta agree on the calls about Mitch Duncan too - didn't really do a whole lot, but his team mates weren't afraid to send the ball through him, and he kicked a couple of very good balls too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    The Cats were just too powerful.
    Watching that game, I just knew the Cats would get into 4th gear eventually - they really are an awesome team to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Watching that game, I just knew the Cats would get into 4th gear eventually - they really are an awesome team to watch.
    They are just so good at keeping their defenders where they need to be and not getting caught up the ground. We have a similar set-up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The Tigers were awful.
    Watch Melbourne for two quarters and you will see what awful is.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watch Melbourne for two quarters and you will see what awful is.
    Fortunately I missed it.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Goodes has done a few ridiculous things in the game against the Saints tonight. A kick out of the air for a freakish goal then a kick off the ground that landed in Bradshaw's arms. Both fluky but ridiculous nonetheless.
    Swans have looked alright, not totally convinced by the Saints atm.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Goodes has done a few ridiculous things in the game against the Saints tonight. A kick out of the air for a freakish goal then a kick off the ground that landed in Bradshaw's arms. Both fluky but ridiculous nonetheless.
    Swans have looked alright, not totally convinced by the Saints atm.
    Yep, shaping up to be a good game. Goodes has been very good for the Swans, as have McVeigh and O'Keefe. Saints looking alright too though - just seem able to get their goals a bit more easily, although the Swans kicking is costing them a bit.

Goddard had a nice piece of play too and looks in great nick.

Kosi might cop a bit of wrath for his head high contact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Yep, shaping up to be a good game. Goodes has been very good for the Swans, as have McVeigh and O'Keefe. Saints looking alright too though - just seem able to get their goals a bit more easily, although the Swans kicking is costing them a bit.

Goddard had a nice piece of play too and looks in great nick.

Kosi might cop a bit of wrath for his head high contact.

He would be mighty lucky to escape that one.