Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 games

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 games

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He would be mighty lucky to escape that one.
    You would hope so - but who knows what the tribunal might do. Certainly took his eyes off the ball and went past it to make contact with the player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Watch Melbourne for two quarters and you will see what awful is.
    People still think my call for Bailey to go is premature? He hasn't proven for a SINGLE GAME over THREE YEARS that he can coach, yet he's under no pressure at all because he's sold the 'youth policy'. Rubbish. West Coast, Sydney, Essendon, North, Adelaide, Port etc. have rebuilt without having to lose games by 100+ points for three years straight. If you're a crap coach you're a crap coach. Does anyone really think Scully, Trengrove, Watts etc. are going to develop by losing games by 20 goals week in week out? People say that Bailey didn't have anything to work with but Daniher took the 'hopeless list' that Bailey inherited to five finals campaigns in ten years so the players couldn't have been that crap. Even if you have a 'youth policy' you have to have some semblance of a game plan -- when Rocket took over our very young side he immediately implemented a running game and one-on-one defense, and we could all see what he was doing, even when we were losing. Can anyone tell me what 'style' Melbourne has been playing for three years? THREE YEARS is more than halfway through a five year contract, and there hasn't been a single step forward. They won't play finals for another 5-10 years at this rate.

Bailey is Melbourne's Rohde -- they will look back on this time as as bad a coaching reign as has ever been seen in AFL/VFL history.

--

ps. I'm just pissed off because I don't want any Melbourne clubs to fold or go through the wars, but I'm afraid they'll be next on the chopping block if they keep going down this route.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Watching that game, I just knew the Cats would get into 4th gear eventually - they really are an awesome team to watch.
    They are.. but there ARE cracks, I think. Not invincible, certainly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    You would hope so - but who knows what the tribunal might do. Certainly took his eyes off the ball and went past it to make contact with the player.
    Much worse and more impact than Murph's from a couple of years ago. Kosi seems like a nice guy but geez he's overrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    The Tigers were pathetic. One of the worst footballing displays I've watched in a long time. They have a long way to go before they even think about thinking about playing finals. The next few years will be bottomg four finishes for them, they'll struggle to knock off Melbourne.
    How does Shane Tuck not get a game for the Tigers?
    It all very well going down the youth road but they can't learn that much putting in performances like that.

Post Thanks / Like

How atrocious were Melbourne?Bailey was Re-signed,with no game plan,no passion extraordinary!Been hiding under this rebuilding cop out

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see that the umpire's love affair with St Kilda has continued in 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone watching tonight still say Riewoldt doesn't dive??? Jeez, that bloke goes down in my estimations again. All the talent in the world, and he hits the ground after a pathetic little bump. As one commentator said, it's "not in the spirit of the game". Even Johnno doesn't act that well. I guess when you're in bed with the umps, you know to play to what they're looking to call. Pathetic.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Nice to see that the umpire's love affair with St Kilda has continued in 2010.
    Sydney got dead-set bent over by the umpires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I really don't understand the interpretation of the rules -- how come with one team every teaky touch-wood thing is called, while CLINTON JONES gets away with holding, dumping, dead-set PUNCHING his direct opponent at every contest? And I didn't know that punching someone in the back is a legitimate shepherding technique now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I really don't understand the interpretation of the rules -- how come with one team every teaky touch-wood thing is called, while CLINTON JONES gets away with holding, dumping, dead-set PUNCHING his direct opponent at every contest? And I didn't know that punching someone in the back is a legitimate shepherding technique now?
    Who was that poster questioning my view that Clint Jones was my 'newest most hated player' a few weeks back?

Deadset vermin. (Not the poster.... Jones)

Post Thanks / Like

Brown has gone beserk in the last quarter to drag Brisbane over the line. The Eagles have been disappointing - plenty of hype leading into the season and they've capitulated against a team down to 19 men.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Absolutely agree. Many right in front of me. But their often crap disposal and decision making was more costly IMO.

BTW, Jetta is pretty good to watch live. didn't do anything spectacular, but very classy. The two Hawks they got were pretty good too, Bradshaw was rusty.

The Swans run out of the backline was bizarre at times, like a pack of frightened rabbits.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Who was that poster questioning my view that Clint Jones was my 'newest most hated player' a few weeks back?

Deadset vermin. (Not the poster.... Jones)
    Agree can't stand that cheat, he's up there with Andrew Welsh & that ranga Ling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    The Tigers were awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    The Tigers were pathetic. One of the worst footballing displays I've watched in a long time. They have a long way to go before they even think about thinking about playing finals. The next few years will be bottomg four finishes for them, they'll struggle to knock off Melbourne.
    I stupidly thought they were chance, so I had a punt on them and watched the game. So of course I was a Tigers supporter for the night.

Yes, I felt kind of dirty and needed a shower afterwards. But people, don't hate Tigers fans, pity them.

After being one for only 3 hours and experiencing their despair, they are in some terrible endless hopeless footy purgatory.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.