Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riewoldt aka German Diver, the most pathetic protected species in the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Indefensible.

If they are serious about reporting players for taking a dive then Riewoldt must be reported.

There were two distinct movements. Grundy gave him a bump and Riewoldt went forward an inch or two, and then in a second movement he fell to the ground. There is no way they cannot report without losing the last shred of credibility they have.
    Just got back from the game and I'm still spewing, even as a neutral fan.

And that wasn't the only soft free he got, and some of his mates, while the Swans forwards were continually held on to.

The diving might be specific to Riewoldt, but **** me the Saints got a good run with the umps tonight.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree^^^^^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

I see a fair bit of over reaction. The free against Mattner was absolutely justified and simply dumb play by Mattner.

Watching on TV, Riewoldt did get a soft one for a hold against Grundy, but a couple of decisions (or non decisions) also strongly favoured the Swans.

One Sydney goal in the 3rd stood out as the ball was passed (I think to Kennelly) as a hand off (would have been called in Rugby for a forward pass). The Swans were then able to break from the pack and score a goal, but the justified free should have been paid to St. Kilda about 30 out and directly in front.

Umpiring aside, Farren Ray had a very good game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I see a fair bit of over reaction. The free against Mattner was absolutely justified and simply dumb play by Mattner.

Watching on TV, Riewoldt did get a soft one for a hold against Grundy, but a couple of decisions (or non decisions) also strongly favoured the Swans.

One Sydney goal in the 3rd stood out as the ball was passed (I think to Kennelly) as a hand off (would have been called in Rugby for a forward pass). The Swans were then able to break from the pack and score a goal, but the justified free should have been paid to St. Kilda about 30 out and directly in front.

Umpiring aside, Farren Ray had a very good game.
    It was pretty dumb especially in a tight game and close to goal.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

My younger brother and I had a bit of fun last night, calling out "Free to Riewoldt" at random points of the game where he was no where near the ball. It became prophecy though. Still none of the incidents compare to what we saw in the PF last year.

On Farren Ray - I just didn't think he was that good. He got credited with 100% possession efficiency, but I'm not sure many of his floating, slow-to-reach-their-destination kicks were actually very well directed or efficient. He still looks to go backwards or sideways as the first option. He can get a lot of the ball, but I'm not convinced he'd get a game in our line up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    My younger brother and I had a bit of fun last night, calling out "Free to Riewoldt" at random points of the game where he was no where near the ball. It became prophecy though. Still none of the incidents compare to what we saw in the PF last year.
    On Farren Ray - I just didn't think he was that good. He got credited with 100% possession efficiency, but I'm not sure many of his floating, slow-to-reach-their-destination kicks were actually very well directed or efficient. He still looks to go backwards or sideways as the first option. He can get a lot of the ball, but I'm not convinced he'd get a game in our line up.
    You just highlighted exactly what's wrong with him. No qualms with his effort, but what he does with it is hopeless.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'd still love to choke the life out of that maggot. I haven't forgotten and will never forget that decision McBurney.
    Clearly you have forgotten that decision, because McBurney did not pay the free kick to Riewoldt in the prelim.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    Clearly you have forgotten that decision, because McBurney did not pay the free kick to Riewoldt in the prelim.
    Oh well. Still don't like the guy.

I got the wrong Mc***ney I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno seemed to lose his legs a lot yesterday.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Oh well. Still don't like the guy.

I got the wrong Mc***ney I guess.
    Yeah, but they hang out together socially those boys, so clearly the disease is contagious

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the replay again, he definitely fell to the ground in a delayed manner. But more interesting to me was the way Riewoldt got up and just walked back like he had the free kick, didn't look like the umpire had actually called it yet & yet he was walking back to take the kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Johnno seemed to lose his legs a lot yesterday.
    Definitely dives, has for years & it shits me.

cambo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Nick Riewoldt, I don't care how good you are, how hard you work, or how many points you score for my Supercoach team (thank you), but you are an absolutely pathetic disgrace for your milking of completely non-existent free kicks, not in play (ala Lloydy or Johnno) but when absolutely nothing is happening.

However, you have accomplices in this pathetic, disgusting display of one-sided umpiring -- I don't know what you've done for the AFL umpiring association (especially McBurney) in the past, but it must have been something special, because you are the only player that gets paid free kicks that no one else in the entire league is entitled to. When it comes to you, suddenly every rule in the book becomes applied to the letter of the law, so that bumps, pushes and holds that everyone gets away with (especially your teammate, the cheating pest Clinton Jones) isn't allowed against yourself. For every free kick you get, Clinton Jones should be giving away twenty.

Congratulations, Nickhead Riewoldt, you are even more protected than the likes of Chris 'I can throw the ball instead of handballing it' Judd, Gary 'I can turn 720 degrees and still not be called for holding the ball' Ablett, and Lance 'dropping the ball isn't incorrect disposal' Franklin.

And that's saying something. You sicken me, you pathetic bottom feeding sook.
    great post agree 100%

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    Definitely dives, has for years & it shits me.
    It's very costly when his opponent can run off unopposed.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Can see it now karma in the GF when he gets one in the back but its not awarded to Saint SOOK and we win by 5 points