Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riewoldt aka German Diver, the most pathetic protected species in the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    Definitely dives, has for years & it shits me.
    It's not a dive, but he has started to go to ground.

It's an age thing, or more specifically, a pace thing. Cross goes to ground because he knows he doesn't have the leg speed to compete so he throws himself at the ball. Johnson is doing a similar thing beause he's not as quick as he used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

It's an age thing, or more specifically, a pace thing. Cross goes to ground because he knows he doesn't have the leg speed to compete so he throws himself at the ball. Johnson is doing a similar thing beause he's not as quick as he used to be.
    But by and large once you are on the deck you are out of the contest. I would much prefer them to stay on their feet and atleast attempt to chase (if need be) rather than left laying on the ground as the opposition run off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

He tucks his legs up in the marking contest and if he doesn't take the mark the only option he has is to go to ground.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But by and large once you are on the deck you are out of the contest. I would much prefer them to stay on their feet and atleast attempt to chase (if need be) rather than left laying on the ground as the opposition run off.
    Picken is very good at this -- he very rarely loses his legs in a contest (unless he absolutely means to) be it in the air or on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Darcy had a go at Riewoldt last night on One Week at a Time. Said he is better than that and should be careful he is not done for deliberately trying to get a free.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Picken is very good at this -- he very rarely loses his legs in a contest (unless he absolutely means to) be it in the air or on the ground.
    And Tim Callan is the opposite. Almost always loses his feet which often leaves his opponent temporarily unmanned and Callan scrambling to get back on his feet and catch up.

Post Thanks / Like

Great game tonight, is a star, but still resorting to bullshit dives etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Luke Darcy had a go at Riewoldt last night on One Week at a Time. Said he is better than that and should be careful he is not done for deliberately trying to get a free.
    Only watched this a few days ago. The replay was blatant. 2 movements. 1 dive. Absolute staging and the AFL aren't fairdinkum about wanting to stamp it out or he'd have been sighted for it. You won't get one more obvious on replay.

Post Thanks / Like

He may like exaggerate a little contact, but the guy is a bona fide freak. He appears to be moving so much better this year. He was super impressive in the NAB Cup final against us and his form in the first two weeks has been sensational.

He has taken it to another level.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Lantern;142924]
    Congratulations, Nickhead Riewoldt, you are even more protected than the likes of Chris 'I can throw the ball instead of handballing it' Judd, Gary 'I can turn 720 degrees and still not be called for holding the ball' Ablett, and Lance 'dropping the ball isn't incorrect disposal' Franklin.

Lantern, couldn't agree more and I especially like your nicknames for the other 3 - my pet hate is Mr. "I can turn 720 degrees and still not be called for holding the ball" Ablett. I am always lamenting this fact, and it frustrates me no end

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Magic Griffen;144191]
    Congratulations, Nickhead Riewoldt, you are even more protected than the likes of Chris 'I can throw the ball instead of handballing it' Judd, Gary 'I can turn 720 degrees and still not be called for holding the ball' Ablett, and Lance 'dropping the ball isn't incorrect disposal' Franklin.

Lantern, couldn't agree more and I especially like your nicknames for the other 3 - my pet hate is Mr. "I can turn 720 degrees and still not be called for holding the ball" Ablett. I am always lamenting this fact, and it frustrates me no end
    +1
    Players like Ablett and Riewoldt are genuine superstars. To give them a better deal with umpiring decisions is farcical.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick Riewoldt, I don't care how good you are, how hard you work, or how many points you score for my Supercoach team (thank you), but you are an absolutely pathetic disgrace for your milking of completely non-existent free kicks, not in play (ala Lloydy or Johnno) but when absolutely nothing is happening.

However, you have accomplices in this pathetic, disgusting display of one-sided umpiring -- I don't know what you've done for the AFL umpiring association (especially McBurney) in the past, but it must have been something special, because you are the only player that gets paid free kicks that no one else in the entire league is entitled to. When it comes to you, suddenly every rule in the book becomes applied to the letter of the law, so that bumps, pushes and holds that everyone gets away with (especially your teammate, the cheating pest Clinton Jones) isn't allowed against yourself. For every free kick you get, Clinton Jones should be giving away twenty.

And that's saying something. You sicken me, you pathetic bottom feeding sook.
    GREAT post cant really add anything. Hit the nail right on the head several times. Well done mate!

Post Thanks / Like

The Diver just admitted he took a dive last week. (on Ch10)
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    The Diver just admitted he took a dive last week. (on Ch10)
    Can't remember the exact words, but I did smile when he said that. Smiled at the thought of how much the people on here would enjoy it. Haha.

Noticed this group on facebook: "Don't you hate it when the wind blows and Nick Riewoldt gets a free kick." link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Can't remember the exact words, but I did smile when he said that. Smiled at the thought of how much the people on here would enjoy it. Haha.

Noticed this group on facebook: "Don't you hate it when the wind blows and Nick Riewoldt gets a free kick." link
    I'm gonna join that group... that's the best.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]