Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riewoldt aka German Diver, the most pathetic protected species in the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    The Diver just admitted he took a dive last week. (on Ch10)
    Damnit I missed it.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

He admitted the one against the Swans, but said the one against North was real.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    And I agree with that. I think most people would fall to the ground from the Lachie Hansen bump, it was excessive force and unexpected. The thing I didn't like about it was that Roo looked directly and immediately at the umpire.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct.

What did you think of the video though?

I'm sorry, but I just can't see Brown or Hall falling over like that. Or even the far lesser but aggro Browns of Hawthorn or Collingwood.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, but I just can't see Brown or Hall falling over like that.
    Agreed.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Agreed.
    Reminds of the crazy lieutenant in "Band of Brothers" who shot the german POWs after giving them ciggies. Also alleged he shot a sergeant for being drunk etc. Hard man. He would mount a suicidal but successful attack at the village of Foy (could be wrong on village name) replacing a dud commander.

When questioned later about his mythical past, he neither confirmed nor denied anything, but rather explained that he wasn't unhappy with his reputation as he wanted his men to follow such a leader.

Likewise, most genuine tough AFL guys and leaders wouldn't do what Riewoldt does as it looks soft. You don't see tough other guys like Kirk, Hodge, Archer, Morris, Bolton (defender), Cross etc doing it either.

Maybe it's a forward thing (for some) - see Lloyd.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct.

What did you think of the video though?

I'm sorry, but I just can't see Brown or Hall falling over like that. Or even the far lesser but aggro Browns of Hawthorn or Collingwood.
    It doesn't paint him in a good light.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't paint him in a good light.
    Agreed, in both games.

SOFT.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a little chuckle whilst watching One Week At A Time and Darce talking about the first player to get sited & found guilty of staging or taking a dive, and pretty much how embaressing it would be for that player and he'll get the message quick smart and never try it again, Saint Nick looked a little sheepish at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMjhh...layer_embedded

I think this is the one that he admitted "milking".

As far as I could tell it was an admission of guilt, so why haven't they fined him yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Grrr completely ballsed that up. Take two:

Post Thanks / Like

Did they show this footage? I found it quite amusing - and it appears to disagree with his comments.

Post Thanks / Like

This one was also pretty incriminating. Notice the use of his arms.

I must say, the funniest thing about it all is that St Kilda fall back on the "well, don't bump him in the back when the ball is not there" routine. I find that to be very, very hypocritical when one reviews the St Kilda v North game. Good old Jones gave Harvey his fair share of bumps and elbows miles off the ball. If Harvey did a Riewoldt and fell over, would he get the same frees?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    This one was also pretty incriminating. Notice the use of his arms.

I must say, the funniest thing about it all is that St Kilda fall back on the "well, don't bump him in the back when the ball is not there" routine. I find that to be very, very hypocritical when one reviews the St Kilda v North game. Good old Jones gave Harvey his fair share of bumps and elbows miles off the ball. If Harvey did a Riewoldt and fell over, would he get the same frees?
    It's come full circle for Harvey. Umpires were sick of being sucked in by his diving and are now giving him nothing.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    It's come full circle for Harvey. Umpires were sick of being sucked in by his diving and are now giving him nothing.
    Hopefully now that Nick has admitted he's a diver, they tread with a bit more caution when he "falls" over.