Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Riewoldt aka German Diver, the most pathetic protected species in the AFL

I think it's more serious than DR Lyon is saying. I find it funny how Stkilda supporters can defend him after he publicly admits he ''Milks'' free kicksA great win for them last night but they CANNOT WIN THE FLAG without him. Isn't it ironic that Stkilda are outraged by Milne being sledged yet the Flopper gets into Andrew Lovett about his personal issues a few years back. Milne gets sledged [some of his own medicine back] and Stkilda cries foul

FUNNY WORLD WE'RE IN!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lyon was also tempting fate this week when he came out and openly admitted that he told his players to go out and be aggressive and don't worry about targeting the head if necessary. Of course St. Kilda tragic and pathetic radio man Mark Fine supported it and said that we were 'over-policed' as a society.

Finey, Lyon and Nickhead, you may not agree with the rules, but they are there for a reason, and breaking the rules by definition is cheating, so if you want to do it, don't gloat about it. Keep on gloating and let's see what the footy gods have to say about it. Fisher is lucky he didn't break his neck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    That suprises me, I thought you knew everything.
    Only the important things.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    I might be misreading this but I'd hope nobody would take delight in any player getting a long term injury.
    No, I am not taking delight in a player being injured - it is tough, as he (apart from being a diver and protected) is a great player and was looking as lean and fit as I have ever seen him. It was merely a comment as I was listening to the game on radio and checking out this forum. Whether I believe it was karma or not is really up to you!

Post Thanks / Like

I only ever want a player to get injured when they're about to play the Bulldogs. Same with a report.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Shame. He's a great player.
    Yes, he is a great player diver or no diver, I wouldn't wish any injury to any player regardless of which team they play for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I think it's more serious than DR Lyon is saying. I find it funny how Stkilda supporters can defend him after he publicly admits he ''Milks'' free kicksA great win for them last night but they CANNOT WIN THE FLAG without him. Isn't it ironic that Stkilda are outraged by Milne being sledged yet the Flopper gets into Andrew Lovett about his personal issues a few years back. Milne gets sledged [some of his own medicine back] and Stkilda cries foul

FUNNY WORLD WE'RE IN!!!
    Ah yes, reminds me of an old story about a pot and a kettle.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

First thing I though was Karma =- still wouldn't wish an injury like this on anyone, even if it does give our team an advantage. I just hope we don't go in to complacent when we play them and get smacked ala Collingwood Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta just back the truck slightly after hearing the Great man C.Grant condone Malthouse and Licuria and saying what a poor look it was for our sport at junior levels. The great man is right,and what insightful non hysterical special comments person he is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Gotta just back the truck slightly after hearing the Great man C.Grant condone Malthouse and Licuria and saying what a poor look it was for our sport at junior levels. The great man is right,and what insightful non hysterical special comments person he is
    Hi Remi do you mean condone or condemn? I think you mean condemn as I can't imagine Grant saying it is ok?

(P.S. For once I'm not being a grammar smartarse, just peoples opinion of the Malthouse incident could go either way)
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Kosi will be a good pick up in supercoach now...without Riewoldt there he will be a much improved player, he seems to play better when there's more responsibility on his shoulders.

Unlucky for Riewoldt, I really can't see the Saints slipping down to 7th though (as suggested by an earlier post). As much as Riewoldt is important to them, they are still a stronger side than most, and will win most games. Not going to be a 20-2 season this time, but they'll still be up there.