Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Barry Hall could have joined Dogs last season

Mark Stevens - Herald Sun - 28 March

BARRY Hall could have been on the podium in Western Bulldogs colours last September accepting a memento far more valuable than the Michael Tuck Medal.

The intimidating forward, regarded as the missing link in the Dogs' flag quest, was open to the thought of crossing to Bulldogs in the 2008 trade period.

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade was this week reluctant to go into detail, but conceded: "Barry was keen to move."

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barry Hall could have joined Dogs last season

'It is believed a mid-range player, along with a second-round pick, may have been enough to finally entice the Swans, but it was put in the "too hard basket" by the Bulldogs'

So we would have missed out on one of Roughead or Jones as well as losing a decent player, kind of glad we waited another season and got him for next to nothing. There is no guarantee he would have been the difference.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Rockets a bargain hunter not really prepared to pay anywhere near market value for anyone. It's one of the reasons why we wouldnt really go after a player whos in his prime and why we wouldnt have chased Hall a year earlier.

Thats why our two biggest signings were players rapidly approaching their use by dates and a couple of NQR players like McDougall and Callan that were in the specials bin. Even Thorne and Markovic would be regarded as homebrand players on Rockets shopping list.
    Hudsons about the only one we paid market value for.

During the off season I could imagine Eade down at Safeway doing the weekly shopping waiting for the meat department markdowns and then using the the 4 cents a litre docket to top up the car
    Before anyone gets all defensive Im only joking but by the sounds of things we might have an opportunity on Hall. Salary cap might me the biggest hurdle for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Salary cap might me the biggest hurdle for us.
    I think it's been an inhibitor for a couple of seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket told us that Roos wouldn't budge from insisting on our first rounder and we had already committed to Cordy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    their use by dates and a couple of NQR players like McDougall and Callan that were in the specials bin. Even Thorne and Markovic would be regarded as homebrand players on Rockets shopping list.
    Hudsons about the only one we paid market value for.

During the off season I could imagine Eade down at Safeway doing the weekly shopping waiting for the meat department markdowns and then using the the 4 cents a litre docket to top up the car
    I love it.