Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate Etihad

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    I have a relative in a wheelchair who was a regular attendee last year. At the end of the game she would not be able to access the lift down from level 2 because it was always full to bursting with able bodied patrons from level 3. Perhaps this is the fault of inconsiderate and lazy patrons rather than management, but I have wanted to vent on it for a while and this thread has given me the opportunity.
    GREAT CALL , B.I.D!!! I'm in a wheelchair, and this is the source of constant frustration/anger when I go to the footy. As you said, it's probably not a management issue, but shows people's laziness and inconsiderate nature. Made me late for the opening bounce on Sunday, and has for other games too. It's very frustrating when people have the option of walking some stairs, yet they wait by the dozen at the lifts, which are pretty much the only option for a lot of people. I got so sick of waiting, I pushed up the ramp to Level 2 on Sunday - this wouldn't be an option for many patrons.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I started this and I still maintain a critical stance vis a vis things Etihad but Sunday evening I emailed my concerns about the beer to the stadium and today I got this reply. I've omitted the names.

Monday, 29 March 2010

Re: Beer quality in Endeavour Room

Dear Mr XYZ,

I acknowledge receipt of your email sent to our customer service department on Sunday 28th March 2010.

It is not pleasant to receive unsatisfactory correspondence especially when it appears we have let you down in your expectations at Etihad Stadium.
    We work extremely hard to ensure all guests receive memorable experiences at all times and we apologise for failing to deliver on what should have been a wonderful day.

I have raised your concerns regarding the quality of our tap beer with our cellars team and they have tested the facility thoroughly this morning and from this we are confident that our beer cleaning methods and frequency of the cleaning is
    at a premium standard.

In addition to our internal testing methods, we have also engaged Fosters to be on site this week to run further testing on our facilities to ensure our beer quality and reticulation is to an optimum standard so these issues don’t occur again.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you sincerely for taking the time to put forward your concerns as this is one way we can continue to improve our business.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions

Regards

XYZ

Venue Catering Manager
    Etihad Stadium

Now the issue is while this seems a superb reply will they deliver? If they do I will be as strong in my recognition as I was in my condemnation. The issue then becomes one of whether we should voice our concerns to them about other matters?
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    I have a relative in a wheelchair who was a regular attendee last year. At the end of the game she would not be able to access the lift down from level 2 because it was always full to bursting with able bodied patrons from level 3. Perhaps this is the fault of inconsiderate and lazy patrons rather than management, but I have wanted to vent on it for a while and this thread has given me the opportunity.
    No, I think you are perfectly justified, how would your relative manage an exit in an emergency?

I had the same problem a few years ago when my partner broke her leg quite badly and was wheel chair bound for nearly three months. All we could do after the game was to go to a bar and drink till the crowd had left.

Interestingly Etihad caters for wheel chairs but has no or at least had no provisions for those on crutches so she kept the wheel chair for the football 'til she could walk.

She said she had never drunk so much in her life, I maintained it wasn't yet a crime to be drunk in charge of a wheel chair. All this did was to hide my fear that once again those of us who are disabled are not considered.

I'd raise it with Etihad management and see what reply you get.

Let's know how you get on.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    An absolute disgrace after a game when you need to go down the stairs to enter the car park. You just can't get in as it's full already from people coming down from the upper levels.
    Yes TCD exactly the sort of basic design flaw that amateurs make. I wonder it hasn't been rectified. It would cost them some money but not a lot. A load bearing beam and some new doors etc.

Why not write to them pointing out the potential for a major problem and see what they do.

I'd think they had a legal responsibility to make a positive response to safety matters brought to their attention. Certainly they were quick to take up my complaint about their beer when I linked it to a hygiene issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    GREAT CALL , B.I.D!!! I'm in a wheelchair, and this is the source of constant frustration/anger when I go to the footy. As you said, it's probably not a management issue, but shows people's laziness and inconsiderate nature. Made me late for the opening bounce on Sunday, and has for other games too. It's very frustrating when people have the option of walking some stairs, yet they wait by the dozen at the lifts, which are pretty much the only option for a lot of people. I got so sick of waiting, I pushed up the ramp to Level 2 on Sunday - this wouldn't be an option for many patrons.
    They could solve it easily. Create and display a policy of preference for disabled access to their lifts and include a clause that other patrons could be required to vacate places for wheelchairs. Every one else can use the stairs and/or ramps it's hardly an option for our disabled colleagues.

Write and ask them to do so, if they knock you back I'd take it up with Andy D, I can't believe in this day and age we are still pursuing exclusionary practices.