Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 NAB Rising Star

[QUOTE=ledge;148536]
    Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

My opinion the Brownlow if you are guilty of an offence you should not recieve votes for the rest of the season, as you are know longer fair as it is the best and fairest award!

Save a few heartbreaking and embarrassing finishes you would think.
    Far too many problems with that Ledge. Firstly it would differ for 2 players depending upon which round they were suspended in. For example someone suspended in round 1 gets no votes for the season, but a bloke suspended in round 22 polls votes for the season.

Also, it potentially effects all other votes. If for example someone suspended in round 1 gets no votes but would have received say 3 votes in one game it means someone else then scores 3 who should have only scored 2, someone who scores 2 who should have only scored 1 & someone gets a vote that shouldn't have.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=The Coon Dog;148537]
    Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Far too many problems with that Ledge. Firstly it would differ for 2 players depending upon which round they were suspended in. For example someone suspended in round 1 gets no votes for the season, but a bloke suspended in round 22 polls votes for the season.

Also, it potentially effects all other votes. If for example someone suspended in round 1 gets no votes but would have received say 3 votes in one game it means someone else then scores 3 who should have only scored 2, someone who scores 2 who should have only scored 1 & someone gets a vote that shouldn't have.
    i have a counter view to both ..number 1..thats where your votes stop, because you are no longer eligible be it the 1st round or 22nd , you cant win it but at least it cuts out 99% of the fiasco it is now.

Number 2.. The player receiving the 3 votes shouldnt be, he is ineligible he isnt the best and fairest , automatically the player receiving 2 votes is , therefore he is the best and "fairest" It goes on the best and fairest player so if the player you say doesnt deserve a vote, of course he does he was the 3rd best and fairest on that day!

Umpires in my opinion should be given a list of ineligible players at the start of their game and at the end of the day cross those players off before putting in votes.

To me they should drop the "fairest" if your going to give votes to players who have already proven they arent through suspension.

Post Thanks / Like

Umpires are judging who is fairest and best on the DAY. What happened before that should not influence their votes. I just hate the thought of the award being won by a player who was awarded extra votes because the umpires discounted the fairest and best player on the day because of an event that occurred a couple of months back.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Umpires are judging who is fairest and best on the DAY. What happened before that should not influence their votes. I just hate the thought of the award being won by a player who was awarded extra votes because the umpires discounted the fairest and best player on the day because of an event that occurred a couple of months back.
    But you win it on being the fairest all year you have disqualified yourself for the award earlier in the year so giving votes to this player is silly.

I hate the fact a player is robbed of votes because he has been fair in a game but not got votes because another player who has not been fair has got them, whether its the same game or not.
    If you have not been fair you should not get votes.

Remember the award is a combination of BEST and FAIREST once you are eliminated from being fair in any game because its a year award you should not be able to get votes.

Robbing a player who has been fair of getting votes.

As i said and i believe has been discussed over the years in the media, drop the fair from the award if your going to give guilty players votes.

Post Thanks / Like

Ledge, start a thread on the Brownlow!

this is a NAB Rising Star thread. I got sucked in once, silly me.

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon TCD - the best threads are ones that get completely derailed.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    C'mon TCD - the best threads are ones that get completely derailed.
    So why'd we delist Guy O'keefe?

Post Thanks / Like

I think Jack Trengove from Melbourne will take some beating this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I think Jack Trengove from Melbourne will take some beating this week.
    Geez, he's going to be a special player.

Not eligible this year (I'm 99.9% certain) but Hamish Hartlett looked fantastic on the weekend too. Some high quality SA kids are about at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post

Not eligible this year (I'm 99.9% certain) but Hamish Hartlett looked fantastic on the weekend too. Some high quality SA kids are about at the moment.
    Now that would make for some interesting debating on a different thread, which state has the best young players at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been at loggerheads on who to put in my supercoach regarding Trengrove and Scully I swapped them around on the wrong weeks, although I imagine both will get a nomination at some stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Trengove is the round 5 NAB Rising Star Nominee. Hardly surprising after his slashing display on the weekend.

1. Chris Yarran - Carlton (Swan Districts)
    2. Daniel Hannebery - Sydney (Oakleigh Chargers)
    3. Ryan Bastinac - North Melbourne (Dandenong Stingrays)
    4. Nic Naitanui - West Coast (Swan Districts)
    5. Jack Trengove - Melbourne (Sturt)
    Last edited by The Coon Dog; 04-05-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane's Todd Banfield is the round 6 NAB Rising Star Nominee.

That's 3 of the first 6 this season who are from Swan Districts.

1. Chris Yarran - Carlton (Swan Districts)
    2. Daniel Hannebery - Sydney (Oakleigh Chargers)
    3. Ryan Bastinac - North Melbourne (Dandenong Stingrays)
    4. Nic Naitanui - West Coast (Swan Districts)
    5. Jack Trengove - Melbourne (Sturt)
    6. Todd Banfield - Brisbane (Swan Districts)

Post Thanks / Like

Going to have to be a huge effort from someone to surpass Tom Scully for the round 7 nomination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Going to have to be a huge effort from someone to surpass Tom Scully for the round 7 nomination.
    Yep, was an impressive performance. His ball use by foot was much better than I had thought.

Who do others think have been the most consistent NAB Rising Star eligible players this year? Trengove, Natinui and Duncan (although not yet nominated) spring to mind as standouts thus far IMO.