Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 games

Post Thanks / Like

Round 2 games

Watching Carlton lose is a nice way to start the Easter weekend.

If you could take one player from another team and insert him straight into the Bulldogs 22, you wouldn't do much better than picking Jonathan Brown in this form.

Absolute force of nature and one of the few players in the league who has the ability to drag his team over the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 2 games

Browny's an out and out champion. I'm not normally a big watcher of non-Bulldog games, but he's a gun. Brisbane are gonna surprise a few this year, I think. Agree with Comrade, a good start to Easter watching the Blues lose!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Carbon copy of the Elimination Final last season. Carlton midfield are world beaters going forward but aren't interested in doing the donkey work going the other way. They smashed Brisbane in the clearances and contested possessions but still allowed Brisbane to feed quality ball into forward 50 for Brown to feast on.

Yarran v Rich will be interesting to watch in the next few seasons. Carlton were criticised for selecting Yarran over Rich but Yarran clearly has some genuine talent - he just doesn't find enough of the ball. He's certainly very quick and works hard defensively but he needs to get more than 10 possessions a game. He's well behind Rich at the moment but I reckon he'll close the gap over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yarran v Rich will be interesting to watch in the next few seasons. Yarran has a lot of talent but needs to find more of the ball - he's certainly very quick and works hard defensively but he needs to get more than 10 possessions a game. He's well behind Rich at the moment but I reckon he'll close the gap soon.
    I hope not. Carlton fans already exaggerate every uncontested possession and running goal from point blank range as if he was the second coming of Christ (or Peter Matera).

I couldn't cope if he actually became a decent player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I hope not. Carlton fans already exaggerate every uncontested possession and running goal from point blank range as if he was the second coming of Christ (or Peter Matera).
    He does do one thing that his midfield teammates don't do and that's work hard defensively. Sticks out like a sore thumb compared to one-way Murphy and co.

Post Thanks / Like

He does do one thing that his midfield teammates don't do and that's work hard defensively. Sticks out like a sore thumb compared to one-way Murphy and co.
    He uses his pace well when defending within the forward 50, but some of his one arm tackle attempts were ordinary tonight.

I'd definitely like him (or a player of his type) in our forward line as it's an element that we really miss; I just can't stand the Carlton supporter-driven hype that surrounds him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I just can't stand the Carlton supporter-driven hype that surrounds him.
    Agree with that. They're over-compensating because they chose him over Rich and Rich has already burst out of the blocks. So every small thing that Yarran does well will be showered with praise...a bit like us with Tommy Gun when he started getting a regular game

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with that. They're over-compensating because they chose him over Rich and Rich has already burst out of the blocks. So every small thing that Yarran does well will be showered with praise...a bit like us with Tommy Gun when he started getting a regular game
    But Tommy Gun is the next great CHB and I won't hear otherwise!

Post Thanks / Like

Stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb Carlton's lack of Key Backs. Thornton is more your 3rd or 4th defender,Brown was just sensational got em' over the line. Didn't anyone know the stats for Carlton's clangers in the first half? Can someone inform Travis Johnstone that he looks totally f******* stupid!!! While your at it try soap Travis

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Tom Williams didn't watch that game by Brown; it'd be enough to give him nightmares!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I hope Tom Williams didn't watch that game by Brown; it'd be enough to give him nightmares!
    You would hope that Williams won't be the Dog playing on Brown when someone Lake has a good record on him.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    While your at it try soap Travis
    It might be Travis's way to keep the opposition off him, his not overly quick and need time to pin point his passes.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Go Melbourne, gee I hope they can keep the pressure up. Looks like the way to get at Collingwood is the old fashion man on man and make sure you win your position.

We'll see how the 2nd quarter goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne have been a bit stiff with the umpires, but finished the 2nd well. And whats with Harry O and standing so close to the man on the mark, as the player with the ball plays on he straight away Sheppard's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Melbourne have been a bit stiff with the umpires, but finished the 2nd well. And whats with Harry O and standing so close to the man on the mark, as the player with the ball plays on he straight away Sheppard's.
    This has been a Collingwood ploy all last year. They stand just next to the man on the mark, the player with the free kick or mark just holds the ball and waits for the umpire to call play on due to the 30 second rule, then as they play on the other Collingwood player steps in to shepherd the man on the mark. I can't believe that there hasn't been more of a fuss about this. If it was any other team Eddie would be all over it.