Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 games

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 2 games

I can't see the Dees going on with it, although the Pies are looking tired. If Melbourne can keep the pressure up they could cause an upset.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne still in front - hoping they hang on.

Post Thanks / Like

GO Dees (How bad were we last week)

Post Thanks / Like

7 minutes left . Melb by 11 points. whoooo hooo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    7 minutes left . Melb by 11 points. whoooo hooo
    Here come the Pies. I can't see Melbourne hanging on(I hope I'm wrong).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Here come the Pies. I can't see Melbourne hanging on(I hope I'm wrong).
    Disappointing, you were right

Oh well, good for Melbourne to put up a solid performance against Collingwood, going down by 1 point is going to hurt though. Hopefully they'll be able to notch a win soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

They really should have won that. I thought Pettard had actually marked that ball. Really disappointing for them, I was hoping they'd knock Collingwood off. Actually feels like I've had a loss today

At least this proves Collingwood aren't the be all and end all that everyone was saying they were after last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Dees, I think they were a bit stiff, some decisions in the last quarter could have gone their way and didn't. Very good effort by them though, other teams take note.
    If you play tight I think the Pies might struggle.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Heart breaking end for Melbourne who IMO were the better team on the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable finish. Hope we see nothing like that tomorrow.

Melbourne fought hard all day and deserved to win it so much more than the Pies. You could see the heartbreak in those demons players up forward when the siren went, they went straight to the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Poor Dees, I think they were a bit stiff, some decisions in the last quarter could have gone their way and didn't. Very good effort by them though, other teams take note.
    If you play tight I think the Pies might struggle.
    That one that wasn't paid against Shaw was crucial. Disappointed in an experienced player like Bate who in the last minute missed the Mebourne player by himself in the forward pocket instead kicking to a contested contest in front of goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching Norf getting flogged by the Aints... Custard has been gifted yet another goal from 120 metres away from the play. Yes it was unnecessary, yes it was undisciplined, but fair dinkum that bloke needs to grow some balls... again he dropped like a lead balloon, and I bet if his life depended on it, he would've stayed up. Diver of the highest order. Jeez he s***s me! And of course the in-love commentators agreed that it was forceful contact. Spare me.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Watching Norf getting flogged by the Aints... Custard has been gifted yet another goal from 120 metres away from the play. Yes it was unnecessary, yes it was undisciplined, but fair dinkum that bloke needs to grow some balls... again he dropped like a lead balloon, and I bet if his life depended on it, he would've stayed up. Diver of the highest order. Jeez he s***s me! And of course the in-love commentators agreed that it was forceful contact. Spare me.
    I thought it was pretty stupid by Hansen and Riewoldt has every right to get a free for that. If it was a dogs player would you feel the same way?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I thought it was pretty stupid by Hansen and Riewoldt has every right to get a free for that. If it was a dogs player would you feel the same way?
    If it happened to us, I'd feel we got a free one. Nowhere near the play, it happens a thousand times a game... but not everyone drops like Riewoldt. Sure, it was stupid, but didn't warrant calling a halt to a game (that was over a hundred metres away) and gifting a goal.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    If it happened to us, I'd feel we got a free one. Nowhere near the play, it happens a thousand times a game... but not everyone drops like Riewoldt. Sure, it was stupid, but didn't warrant calling a halt to a game (that was over a hundred metres away) and gifting a goal.
    How is putting your shoulder into the middle of someones back not a free kick?

It may be softish, but it was one of many dumbs things Hansen has done tonight.
    The curse is dead.