Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 games

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 2 games

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    How is putting your shoulder into the middle of someones back not a free kick?
    Sorry to answer a question with a question, but why then, isn't it paid every time it happens?
    Soft it certainly was.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Sorry to answer a question with a question, but why then, isn't it paid every time it happens?
    Soft it certainly was.
    Not sure, but if an umpire sees it you would think they would pay it(no matter who's on the receiving end).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, but if an umpire sees it you would think they would pay it(no matter who's on the receiving end).
    That's straight out crap.

It happens 50 times a game, gets seen by the unpires 20 times a game and gets paid once a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Norf fans aren't too happy in forum land.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    That's straight out crap.

It happens 50 times a game, gets seen by the unpires 20 times a game and gets paid once a game.
    Don't agree. The Riewoldt free was just plain stupid and there(and should get paid every time).

Port/Eagles game was a hell of a lot more exciting with WCE wasting a few chances right at the end to lose a tight one.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

No sympathy for Norf(although I dislike the Saints)I think they're paying the price for picking up the likes of Hay and Thompson,they've now lopsided with no decent players in the mid 20's.That looked like Stkilda playing an interstate club tonight!Blimey Collingwood were lucky a massive let down after last week

Post Thanks / Like

Don't agree. The Riewoldt free was just plain stupid and there(and should get paid every time).

Port/Eagles game was a hell of a lot more exciting with WCE wasting a few chances right at the end to lose a tight one.
    Watched a bit of that West Coast have a heap of young players who butcher the ball,a top win for Port who look like a new side!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Watched a bit of that West Coast have a heap of young players who butcher the ball,a top win for Port who look like a new side!!
    That's why I can't understand people predicting a rise from The Eagles. Their disposal on the most part is terrible. They attack the ball well and have a number of big bodied players that are OK one on one, but their skill coupled with decision making is average at best.

Masten/Ebert as two top draft picks are two prime examples.

Post Thanks / Like

I could believe Cornes, the brother playing loose in defense. On 3 occasions he handballed to a player with a Eagle standing next to him a caused a turn over. Wasn't a pretty game but had an exciting finish.

Melb. v Collingwood best viewing match so far this round.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

The Eagles' midfield is full of butchers. Masten, Ebert, Priddis, and Scott Selwood all have kicks that consistently fall down under pressure.

Everything Ebert touched last night turned to s*** - he just had no composure in the last quarter when it was most required.

They do have two genuine midfield guns in Shuey and Swift. I'd take either at the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The Eagles' midfield is full of butchers. Masten, Ebert, Priddis, and Scott Selwood all have kicks that consistently fall down under pressure.

Everything Ebert touched last night turned to s*** - he just had no composure in the last quarter when it was most required.

They do have two genuine midfield guns in Shuey and Swift. I'd take either at the Dogs.
    Didn't think Shuey was very good at all last night, just seemed a step behind the pace of the game. Had a few moments, but not as good a performance as last week.

Swift bobbed up and did some nice things though. Needs to add a bit more meat onto his frame, but looks like a promising type.

I actually though Masten wasn't too bad last night, and whilst Ebert made a few crucial errors at times with his disposal, thought he generally wasn't too bad. Port's pressure was very good.

Nic Nat, is going to be a ridiculous player. He's just so quick at reading his taps and covering the turf. Once he gets the confidence to stick his big arms up and hang onto some more marks, watch out.

Thought Waters was very good last night too, as was Hurn - who seems to really be becoming an A grader now. Hopefully he doesn't get rubbed out for too many.

Port were pretty good, and just managed to have a few options on the night, with Ebert and Davenport both playing very good games. Hitchcock bobbed up and kicked a couple, and Boak and Pearce did pretty good jobs in the middle. Their pressure skills were again a highlight, and their backline is becoming a real strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    This has been a Collingwood ploy all last year. They stand just next to the man on the mark, the player with the free kick or mark just holds the ball and waits for the umpire to call play on due to the 30 second rule, then as they play on the other Collingwood player steps in to shepherd the man on the mark. I can't believe that there hasn't been more of a fuss about this. If it was any other team Eddie would be all over it.
    It would soon stop if players took a leaf from their ice hockey brethren.

An old hockey tactic was when there was a face off and 2 players were standing side by side, as the puck was dropped one player would turn towards his opponent. At the same time he would lift his knee in a "taking off to run" motion, driving the knee into the thigh of his opponent, causing a massive "corkie" that would inconvenience the player for the rest of the game. That move is now outlawed in hockey because it can cause serious knee injuries if the contact is closer to the opponent's knee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post

Thought Waters was very good last night too, as was Hurn - who seems to really be becoming an A grader now. Hopefully he doesn't get rubbed out for too many.
    Hurn should get atleast 4 weeks. Went straight past the ball and made contact to the head, poor effort in my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    No sympathy for Norf(although I dislike the Saints)I think they're paying the price for picking up the likes of Hay and Thompson,they've now lopsided with no decent players in the mid 20's.
    Short memory, we were in a very similar situation not so long ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Worst Night goes to 2 players who I cant separate, they were awful.

Brent Harvey - 3 kicks (1 was a clanger kick), 2 handballs, 1 mark & 2 Frees Against

This guy was shut down and just couldn't touch it. Clinton Jones got under his skin early and just dominated him. Took him to the cleaners. Wiped the floor with him. He then gets angry enough to get suspended! Haven't seen the incident but it was just plain stupid, he or Brad Scott should have just put him on the bench when he saw the bad signs. Even running off did absolutely nothing. Not a huge fan of Jones but geez, is he the best tagger in the league right now?

The other dud was Lachie Hanson. Job on Riewoltd is not an easy one by a long stretch but he was simply Crap. 4 of Roo's 7 goals were kicked on Lachie, 19 disposals but gave away 2 stupid free kicks that contact made was just not needed. The coach would have been ropable with those 2 players. Honorable dud mention also goes to Michael Firrito (one of the worst backmen in the league) who had 2 goals kicked on him in the space of 5mins he played on Rooey.

North Melbourne you can only go up from here. That was the difference between a top 4 side and a bottom 4 side at its finest.