Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cousin's relapse claims - what is Ricky doing?

I don't really care about Cousins and if he has gone back to old bad habits but what the heck is Ricky Olarenshaw doing?? As a player manager he should be one of the last people to come out and make claims like this.

I wonder what the players he represents think about him speaking out? Hopefully they get rid of him as he is a moron.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cousin's relapse claims - what is Ricky doing?

Ricky Olarenshaw has history when it comes to making bold statements. IMO he reacts and speaks rather than considers and speaks.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

He's not the brightest tool in the shed and I should emphasize the word tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he's trying to help him by bringing it out in the open.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Pardon my ignorance, but what did Ricky O say?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what did Ricky O say?
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/ti...-1225850673545
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, hadn't read the paper today.

Very dangerous territory he's in here... making these sorts of claims, and then when pressed to comment, backing away saying "It was only what I heard" - if it wasn't fact, he shouldn't be saying it. Why bother making statements of what he's supposedly heard, only to say they may not be true. Poor form, Ricky O.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

As a player manager he really should know better than making comments that have no fact behind them and that he isn't prepared to stand behind

Having said that, my opinion of him hasn't changed, he's always been a tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting a bit like the elephant in the room all these rumours about cousins. Even caroline Wilson penned that ben had been warned about too much drink

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Getting a bit like the elephant in the room all these rumours about cousins. Even caroline Wilson penned that ben had been warned about too much drink
    An alternative view is that all is not well with Ben and these mysterious hospital visits might have a sinister cause.

I argued last time with Ben that he had been let down by a whole lot of people who must have known he had a problem but did nothing and put winning above all else.

And we all know Caro would rather have all her teeth pulled without anaesthetic than say one word of ill about the Tigres.

It will be interesting to watch developments and hopefully no reason to feel alarm.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    As a player manager he really should know better than making comments that have no fact behind them and that he isn't prepared to stand behind.
    Yeah thats the part that surprised me most. If he was just a commentator than its pretty much fair game but he is a manager. I imagine Ricky Nixon (still cousins manager i believe) wouldn't be too happy with him either.

Post Thanks / Like

Players agents should butt out of media

Mike Sheahan - Herald Sun - 8 April

THE blatant conflict for AFL player agents who moonlight in the media first became evident when Ricky Nixon worked weekends for Triple M as an around-the-grounds man.

Given he managed the cream of the player group back then, one or two of whom had a propensity to create headlines, and given Triple M had a rich best-player award, Ray Charles could have spotted his conflict of interest.

Nixon lived with the cynicism for a while before walking away and saving himself the trouble.

We have learned to live with agent conflict in recent years, but Ricky Olarenshaw's extraordinary boot-in-mouth performance on radio on Tuesday has put the issue back on the agenda.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Cousin's relapse claims - what is Ricky doing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Players agents should butt out of media

Mike Sheahan - Herald Sun - 8 April

THE blatant conflict for AFL player agents who moonlight in the media first became evident when Ricky Nixon worked weekends for Triple M as an around-the-grounds man.

Given he managed the cream of the player group back then, one or two of whom had a propensity to create headlines, and given Triple M had a rich best-player award, Ray Charles could have spotted his conflict of interest.

Nixon lived with the cynicism for a while before walking away and saving himself the trouble.

We have learned to live with agent conflict in recent years, but Ricky Olarenshaw's extraordinary boot-in-mouth performance on radio on Tuesday has put the issue back on the agenda.

Article in full...
    good article from Mike Personally I cannot stand Leon Pickering and his lack of ''opinion' on one of his ''Boys''. AWFUL AWFUL special comments man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    good article from Mike Personally I cannot stand Leon Pickering and his lack of ''opinion' on one of his ''Boys''. AWFUL AWFUL special comments man
    Yeah that Leon Pickering drives me bonkers. His brother Liam is even worse.

Sorry, I'm being facetious. But everything you said, barring his first name, is correct. IMO, these quasi-celebrities need to be either manager or media figure. To be both is an untenable compromise as the hard questions will be asked at some stage, and it's fair for reasonable answers to be expected.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me that once a player is "tarred" with a certain brush, it's pretty hard to shake the tag? Unfortunately, there will always be d**kheads like Ricky to start rumours like this, and then try and back away when asked to follow up with facts. It's really just more of the same bulls**t that the media give us all the time. They (the media) are really responsible for lots of ill-informed public me thinks