Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ill Brad Johnson to miss Hawks clash

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Is it true that fitness staff at football clubs try to limit goal kicking practice as it causes micro tears and fatigue in the quads?
    I heard Grant Thomas on Monday night say this. That is, that even he as coach would be overruled by his fitness staff on the matter. Rumour also has it that it can lead to reduced kicking effectiveness on goal during matches but this would seem a bit far fetched

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I heard Grant Thomas on Monday night say this. That is, that even he as coach would be overruled by his fitness staff on the matter. Rumour also has it that it can lead to reduced kicking effectiveness on goal during matches but this would seem a bit far fetched
    I heard that too. I'm as amazed as Garry Lyon seemed to be.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    If it is anything like the bug I had, where I could not keep anything in - I feel for him.

Sucks every little bit of energy out of you. I very rarely take sick days but I was off work for a week and still could have taken more. Two weeks later I sick have my days.
    Saw him walking around today, so he is out of bed, but didn't do any training. No rosy cheeks or a smile could be found.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.