Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Milne the Sook

Post Thanks / Like

Milne the Sook

What does everyone think about the Saints and that little sook Milne complaining about Collingwood? I heard Maxwell on radio yesterday saying that Milne is one of the top sledgers but yet can't seem to take it when dished back.

In my opinion, Saints should have just kept this as an on field issue and not brought up the complaint
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Milne the Sook

In his defence its not Milne its the playing group who arent happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What does everyone think about the Saints and that little sook Milne complaining about Collingwood? I heard Maxwell on radio yesterday saying that Milne is one of the top sledgers but yet can't seem to take it when dished back.

In my opinion, Saints should have just kept this as an on field issue and not brought up the complaint
    No, I can'y agree. I have no love for Milne, but this is not an on field incident. The coach is not on the field. If players have a responsibility as role models, the coaches who guide these players have a greater responsibilty.

Also, with sledging on the field there is the opportunity for the even up (though less chance these days). How do you square up with a bloke in the coaches box?

Then Malthouse has the temerity to eyeball a reporter and in a threatening manner deny (sorry, lie) that it took place. All this just after his President has bagged SA supporters for their anti-social behaviour.

I just wish it was 30 years ago and he was having a go at Mal Brown.

I hope the Saints formally complain and I hope the AFL have the balls to fine him or even better suspend him. The I want Fast Eddie to apologise for the behaviour of his club's coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I am speaking to my Saints mate and I mention Milne & Montagna, I always refer to them as the "Alleged".

Post Thanks / Like

Why on earth would St. Kilda remind everyone again was a dog of a bloke Milne is?

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard on the news that the two sides are close to a "resolution" and don't want the matter to go to the AFL. Saints want an apology, Pies want Saints to acknowledge their role in the incident.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest non-story of the year so far, or is it not up to Bingle level yet?

Oh and who wouldn't take the opportunity to sledge Milne?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

What's the parists problem

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Milne the Sook

[QUOTE=The Underdog;145499]Biggest non-story of the year so far, or is it not up to Bingle level yet?

Oh and who wouldn't take the opportunity to sledge Milne?[/QUOTE]

Would have made better headline if Mick had tackled the alleged.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse apologises to St Kilda's Stephen Milne

MAGPIES coach Mick Malthouse last night offered an apology after his extraordinary "rapist" spray aimed at St Kilda star Stephen Milne.

After a day of tense negotiations, Collingwood sent a Malthouse apology to St Kilda in a bid to broker peace before the Saints lodged a formal complaint with the AFL, due by 10am today.

Malthouse regrets the quarter-time verbal spray, especially given his status in the game.

In return, Collingwood wanted Milne to accept he provoked Friday night's ugly incident by calling Malthouse old and wrongly accusing assistant coach Paul Licuria of being homosexual.

Link
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Is Milne apologising to Licca for calling him a homo? Or is it only when people say things that are true that it has to be revoked?*

*This in no way means I don't think Licca is very likely batting for the other team...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I didn't think Malthouse would apologise, but obviously I got that wrong, but have to agree with the comments about Milne - does that mean he comes out and publicly apologises for having a sledge at coaching staff. I take the point that out on the field, player to player, they get a chance to even up but it seems Milne didn't stick to that rule either. I honestly can't stand the little twerp (showing lots of restraint here), and he's been the same for years!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Why on earth would St. Kilda remind everyone again was a dog of a bloke Milne is?
    Listening to Montagna on MMM Saturday saying 'we'll make a formal complaint' I thought the exact same thing. That course of action was never going to serve the Saints well given the history, and I wonder if Joey had the 'authority' (for lack of a better term) to make those comments.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I still get angry at the way the original 'incident' was handled at the time.

A woman made a complaint and it was deemed that the case would not proceed to the courts.

This could have been for a number of reasons - woman too drunk to accurately remember, she may have initially said 'yes' but 'no' came later, lack of witnesses (1 woman's word against 2 guys) or simply because the woman decided that she didnt wish to be dragged through a long court process and the media only to have the case unltimately fail (many rape accused get off in the end).

So with this in mind, I cringed when Milne got up before the cameras with his 'underworld' lawyer in Defteros and proclaimed he had been found 'innocent'.

Now I don't like to play on words but Milne was never found 'innocent' of anything. He wasn't charged and not being charged doesn't mean that something didn't happen that seedy night!

Post Thanks / Like

My take on this is that the sanctimonious know-all Malthouse has been proven to be a liar. Pure and simple.