Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Milne the Sook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Milne the Sook

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    My take on this is that the sanctimonious know-all Malthouse has been proven to be a liar. Pure and simple.
    He just doesn't seem to be able to handle himself under pressure, scrutiny from the press etc, there have been quite a few examples over his time, that said, when its the Filthy rat involved, you could almost excuse Malthouse for having a go at him.

Then you look at someone like Sheedy, full of class, a little whacko at times, but that was just his sense of humour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    He just doesn't seem to be able to handle himself under pressure, scrutiny from the press etc, there have been quite a few examples over his time, that said, when its the Filthy rat involved, you could almost excuse Malthouse for having a go at him.

Then you look at someone like Sheedy, full of class, a little whacko at times, but that was just his sense of humour.

What about the throat-cutting incident?

Post Thanks / Like

My take on this is that the sanctimonious know-all Malthouse has been proven to be a liar. Pure and simple.
    "Now i'll never be a real boy..."
    Attachment 213

Post Thanks / Like

I personally couldn't care less about Milne and it wasn't what Malthouse said that I commented on. What amuses me is the holier than thou Malthouse getting caught out telling a bald- face lie at the after game press conference.

Post Thanks / Like

. What amuses me is the holier than thou Malthouse getting caught out telling a bald- face lie at the after game press conference.
    The same thing Heath Shaw & Alan Didak did a couple of years ago!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Exactly CD. Weren't they suspended and fined heavily for this? Bet Bucks hopes it would happen to Malthouse.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally couldn't care less about Milne and it wasn't what Malthouse said that I commented on. What amuses me is the holier than thou Malthouse getting caught out telling a bald- face lie at the after game press conference.
    Maybe he thought the Saints wouldn't take it further and that was the end of it. I believe the Saints should have shut their mouths and not sooked, after all, the things Milne said to two AFL coaches isnot on either.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    What about the throat-cutting incident?
    Yeah that wasn't great, but you could almost dismiss that one off with the way he handled the press over his career, it didn't send a great message, but knowing what Sheeds was like, there was ALMOST a sense of theatrics in it, with Malthouse, when under the pump, he goes into defensive almost anger management mode, that incident when a journo asked if his players didn't come out to play, or words to that effect, everyone knows what that means, and we all see different teams most weeks have off days, yet Malthouse decided to start grilling the reporter rather than giving an honest answer for all of their members to be satisfied with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    They definatly have a history in telling a fib or 3, and it just backfires so badly back in their face.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that wasn't great, but you could almost dismiss that one off with the way he handled the press over his career, it didn't send a great message, but knowing what Sheeds was like, there was ALMOST a sense of theatrics in it, with Malthouse, when under the pump, he goes into defensive almost anger management mode, that incident when a journo asked if his players didn't come out to play, or words to that effect, everyone knows what that means, and we all see different teams most weeks have off days, yet Malthouse decided to start grilling the reporter rather than giving an honest answer for all of their members to be satisfied with.
    Isn't Rocket the best coach, we are so lucky.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MrMahatma;145672]Is Milne apologising to Licca for calling him a homo? Or is it only when people say things that are true that it has to be revoked?*

This in no way means I don't think Licca is very likely batting for the other team...[/QUOTE]

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe he thought the Saints wouldn't take it further and that was the end of it. I believe the Saints should have shut their mouths and not sooked, after all, the things Milne said to two AFL coaches isnot on either.
    I don't know exactly what Milne said to Malthouse but if what he said to Licuria has been accurately reported there is no doubt he should be accountable for that. Whether it is true or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know exactly what Milne said to Malthouse but if what he said to Licuria has been accurately reported there is no doubt he should be accountable for that. Whether it is true or not.
    Wasn't it something along the lines of Malthouse being old and having grey hairs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Wasn't it something along the lines of Malthouse being old and having grey hairs?
    Mick must have very thin skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Mick must have very thin skin.
    I think that comment followed after what Milne said to Licuria - would love to read a full correct transcript.

here is my version -

Milne - Hey Malthouse, you are old and grey and can't coach
    Malthouse - #&(*$T%%)$__$*%$%*
    Licuria - Milne, that's it do you wanna meet in the car park after and settle it
    Milne - Nah Mate because you are a $^%&$*