Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Send Will Minson to Williamstown: Rodney Eade

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Never agreed with coaches criticising players in the media. Puts unneccessary pressure on the player, and comes across as unprofessional. Keep it in house, doesn't need to be made public.
    I reckon Rocket would have a better idea of what does & doesn't work than you & me, afterall he's with these guys 6 days a week.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I reckon Rocket would have a better idea of what does & doesn't work than you & me, afterall he's with these guys 6 days a week.
    Have to agree with this, Eade would know who can respond to public criticism. Is it any coincedence that we have another crucial game this week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Yeah he knows the players, no doubt.

Lake's been doing moronic things in terms of decision making for about 4-5 years, and he even jokes about it in the media. Lake is still doing moronic things, so how has it "worked"?

IMO its a matter of taking the good with the bad with both Minson (BTW the 50 was as soft as I've ever seen) and Lake. They'll still have their fair share of brain fades, media critcism or not. Its just the sort of players they are.

But making it a media statement sure keeps the attention away from the poor 3 weeks the whole team has had...

Post Thanks / Like

All players have the occasional clanger, so what. Will Minson is an emerging ruckman of quality and dropping him would be a mistake. Brian Lake is the best fullback in the country......period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    All players have the occasional clanger, so what. Will Minson is an emerging ruckman of quality and dropping him would be a mistake. Brian Lake is the best fullback in the country......period.
    No disrespect to Minson, however I did not think he will ever be a quality ruckman, more workmanlike. I do not believe he has much more upside to his game. Agree that he should not get dropped for this weeks game.

Post Thanks / Like

Minson played against Brent Renouf, come on, really he should have had it all over him in the first half. Second half, Renouf was exhausted. Minson still has a long way to play 4 quarters of consistent footy. Maybe a spell at Willy will remind him how much further he has to go.