Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 Brownlow Medal

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    You mention that Hodge doesn't poll well historically but neither does Swan. He only got 12 votes last year . I put money on Hodge pre season but I doubt he will get enough love from the umps.
    Swan also polled 20 in 2007 when he was half the player he is now, so it's very hard to know how he'll be seen this time around. If either of Swan or Hodge do poll well, they will be very hard to catch, especially after great performances from each in round 16.

Post Thanks / Like

Just being biased, and from the town where Harbrow hails from, i wouldn't be suprised if he polls well with the votes, a good all rounder who will improve more as time goes on.

Especially if he continues to wear the red white and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Tip: Luke Hodge
    Smokie: Boyd
    Top Dog:Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Great work Scorlibo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I think you are selling him short. He has explosive pace when he wants to turn it on and has a massive tank.
    Not true.

He also is at the forefront of the interchange revolution; no player in the competition is rotated more. Malthouse first disdained interchange theory, then adopted with a convert's zeal. The new regimen maximised Swan's strengths. ''I'm not the greatest endurance runner at the club,'' he said. ''I'm probably 10th to 15th in the two-kilometre time trial. The kind of thing I like to think I'm good at is burst running, 300 or 400 metres at top speed. I recover pretty quickly.

( TheAGE, 16th July )
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Not true.

He also is at the forefront of the interchange revolution; no player in the competition is rotated more. Malthouse first disdained interchange theory, then adopted with a convert's zeal. The new regimen maximised Swan's strengths. ''I'm not the greatest endurance runner at the club,'' he said. ''I'm probably 10th to 15th in the two-kilometre time trial. The kind of thing I like to think I'm good at is burst running, 300 or 400 metres at top speed. I recover pretty quickly.

( TheAGE, 16th July )
    What year was this from. I remember this was the case in 2006 when he had his breakout year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    What year was this from. I remember this was the case in 2006 when he had his breakout year.
    2010, a few days ago.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...716-10e8u.html
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

They mentioned that on the radio the other day that swan plays about 80% game time regularly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Swan also polled 20 in 2007 when he was half the player he is now, so it's very hard to know how he'll be seen this time around. If either of Swan or Hodge do poll well, they will be very hard to catch, especially after great performances from each in round 16.
    Gee didnt know that. Guess that will teach me for listening to Pies supporters saying that the umps hate on of their players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Gee didnt know that. Guess that will teach me for listening to Pies supporters saying that the umps hate on of their players.
    Pies supporters have the worst case of persecution complex in the AFL.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Pies supporters have the worst case of persecution complex in the AFL.
    That much I knew