Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    becmatty Guest

Round 4 - Johnson an Emergency - Expect a late Change

Johnno has been named an emergency for the match at the Gabba.

Either he is ready or he is not?!?

This strongly suggests that Rocket will play him and there will be a late change that the club is keeping from Brisbane (likely Hargreave).

Either that, or the selectors are just foxing, and trying to make Brisbane second-guess what the final lineup will be...

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 4 - Johnson an Emergency - Expect a late Change

Quote Originally Posted by becmatty View Post
    Johnno has been named an emergency for the match at the Gabba.

Either he is ready or he is not?!?

This strongly suggests that Rocket will play him and there will be a late change that the club is keeping from Brisbane (likely Hargreave).

Either that, or the selectors are just foxing, and trying to make Brisbane second-guess what the final lineup will be...

Thoughts?
    You're going to make TCD angry.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Why the need for a separate thread?

How many times did you claim a 'late change' last season only to be wrong?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

becmatty Guest

I am rarely wrong Coon Dog, but glad to see you are evauating my comments so closely.

Hard to imagine the logic of naming a player who is not ready, as an emergency, so it appears the likely scenareo that he will return...

Post Thanks / Like

I am rarely wrong Coon Dog, but glad to see you are evauating my comments so closely.

Hard to imagine the logic of naming a player who is not ready, as an emergency, so it appears the likely scenareo that he will return...
    You were often last year!

Post Thanks / Like

TCD please dont go correcting the spelling mistakes looks like it will be a long night if you do.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't spell for starters, is Hargreave on the comeback from the 90's
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With respect TCD, this seems like an attempt to stop a discussion rather than to promote one.

Given that Rocket has said if he's fit ie Johno he'll play firsts, what does being listed as an emergency say?

Have we started to list unfit or unready players as emergencies?

Forget the history, it's an interesting issue and Vossy will no doubt have to make contingency plans, and no doubt we'll not play all our emergencies for Willy against the Gold Coast, just to keep him guessing.

All that aside I can't wait for a fit Johno to return.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You can't spell for starters, is Hargreave on the comeback from the 90's
    Wasn't it Hargraves??

Gone the Huddo look too: link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    With respect TCD, this seems like an attempt to stop a discussion rather than to promote one.
    I'm not sure whether you're being deliberately mischevious & trying to make something out if nothing, suffice to say you're wrong.

Not that I need to justify myself, but I will anyway.

Why couldn't the OP create this discussion in the teams round 4 thread, surely that's where it belongs. That was my concern, starting a thread about something that could have been discussed in an existing thread.

More often than not last year the OP would claim a late change without foundation. In many cases I was aware of some changes to the selected team, so knew right away the information was at best a hunch, albeit unfounded often.

You've been here long enough to know one particular post attempting to squash debate more often than not has the opposite effect & to suggest I was trying to do so was just folly!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Wasn't it Hargraves??

Gone the Huddo look too: link
    He's still playing?

The beard would look even better with the locks he used to have - go the Sebastian Chabal......ahh sorry, this is probably the wrong thread for such discussion..
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

becmatty Guest

TCD, if you wish to discuss Johnno in the Round 4 thread, be my guest. No need to be a control freak.

I have no way of knowing for certain whether Johnno will play or not, and nor do you. It is my suspicion that he will play, however.

In the mean time, rather than derailing the discussion with cheap shots, why not get on with making a worthy contribution?

Post Thanks / Like

TCD, if you wish to discuss Johnno in the Round 4 thread, be my guest. No need to be a control freak.

I have no way of knowing for certain whether Johnno will play or not, and nor do you. It is my suspicion that he will play, however.

In the mean time, rather than derailing the discussion with cheap shots, why not get on with making a worthy contribution?
    Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind & might even take you up on the offer one day, afterall I don't really contribute too much that's worthy here!

I still can't understand why you needed to create a new thread when you could easily have ensued this discussion emanated by posting in the round 4 teams thread; would have & still do think its the appropriate place to be honest.

Bit perplexed about the 'cheap shots' crack, care to expand?

Post Thanks / Like

Thread is going no where and it could be discussed in the teams thread