Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: James Podsiadly

Spargo1966 Guest

James Podsiadly

Over the past few years watching James Podisadly in the VFL I have often wondered why we did not give him a try. Given that we have struggled up forward and recruited a lot of young blokes with high draft picks that did not make it. I know we recruited Scott Welsh as a lead up forward and James is getting on in years.

After watching him make his debut againt Freo last week and the first half against Port this week kicking I cannot help to be impressed. What did we have to lose by picking him?.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: James Podsiadly

All clubs passed on him year after year and don't forget he's been with a North Melbourne aligned club as well. The amendments to the rookie list rules have been his savior more so than the Cats being the visionaries of his talent.

I'm still not convinced he would have been a good selection for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't followed the VFL closely I admit, but he's certainly showing a lot this year.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    All clubs passed on him year after year and don't forget he's been with a North Melbourne aligned club as well. The amendments to the rookie list rules have been his savior more so than the Cats being the visionaries of his talent.

I'm still not convinced he would have been a good selection for us.
    At a time when we were desperate for talls, but also smart tall forwards, he could have been a handy pick, and i believe we were close to selecting him as well, he did a pre season with us, but, not to be.

Re: North, they have had plenty of taller options for quite some time, but yes, the mature age rookie rules have given him another shot at it.

Was good to see him bag 5 goals today, and Geelong are not exactly the quickest team going around, but they are sure a extremely smart side, and have been for some time.

He also bumped up my Supercoach again this week....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    At a time when we were desperate for talls, but also smart tall forwards, he could have been a handy pick, and i believe we were close to selecting him as well, he did a pre season with us, but, not to be.

Re: North, they have had plenty of taller options for quite some time, but yes, the mature age rookie rules have given him another shot at it.

Was good to see him bag 5 goals today, and Geelong are not exactly the quickest team going around, but they are sure a extremely smart side, and have been for some time.

He also bumped up my Supercoach again this week....

I think it came down to the choice between him and Monty, and we went for Monty...i could be wrong, but im pretty sure thats right.....

Seeing him kick 5 goals today was bloody awesome...im soooo proud of him....

Post Thanks / Like

He's looked pretty good thus far.

As GVGjr said, it's not easy to say that he would have been a great fit for us, but based on what we have seen, he's certainly capable at AFL level. Hope he continues to play well for them, except against us.

Post Thanks / Like

Simple question

Who would most of your prefer in our side?

Pods or Hahn?

Just for the rest of 2010....

Post Thanks / Like

Article about Pods being a 'Cult figure'

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...2/default.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

IMO recruiting is the single most important part of our game at the moment. We've done very well with rookie listed players over the past few years.

In this case, I think we messed up and over analysed it. If one of our kids was doing the things Pods was doing in the VFL our selection panel would pick them for the dogs. Why a late pick isn't worth spending on a guy who you'd defintely be getting senior games too, is beyond me.

Post Thanks / Like

Got no doubts we would've picked him up if the Mature age Rookie rule had been in a few years back.Good to seem him do well but they could stick Any one of us in that side!

Post Thanks / Like

They will not get away with Mooney, Pods and Hawkins in the same side come September.

They might get away with it against Port Adelaide but they won't against good sides in September, especially on the MCG.

Post Thanks / Like

Pods had a shocker today, should of had 4 goals against his name.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    They will not get away with Mooney, Pods and Hawkins in the same side come September.
    Nice call, EJ. They couldn't even get away with it against Carlton, in April!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Simple question

Who would most of your prefer in our side?

Pods or Hahn?

Just for the rest of 2010....
    Hahn, we have Barry and there is no room for the two of them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Pods had a shocker today, should of had 4 goals against his name.
    Good or bad game I'm not sure why Pods gets mentioned by so many Doggies supporters.
    If it's about missing out on a local boy or not having the guts to pull the trigger on drafting him a few season earlier I'm actually more dirty about us not having Barlow in our sights.

I just don't see the fascination about Pods by our supporters
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.