Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: James Podsiadly

Post Thanks / Like

Re: James Podsiadly

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good or bad game I'm not sure why Pods gets mentioned by so many Doggies supporters.
    If it's about missing out on a local boy or not having the guts to pull the trigger on drafting him a few season earlier I'm actually more dirty about us not having Barlow in our sights.

I just don't see the fascination about Pods by our supporters
    Were we ever linked with Barlow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Were we ever linked with Barlow?
    No. Down from the country and was a dominate VFL player last year. Axe was telling all and sundry that he was a gun but I don't think we have a good relationship with Axe. Bond did and sent the Freo recruiting team in for a good look.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The mature age rookie rule is the only reason Pods got a chance, if it was in 4 or 5 years ago i am sure we would have given him a chance

Post Thanks / Like

No. Down from the country and was a dominate VFL player last year. Axe was telling all and sundry that he was a gun but I don't think we have a good relationship with Axe. Bond did and sent the Freo recruiting team in for a good look.
    I'm not big on the whole 'we should have given Pods a chance' bandwagon but the Barlow decision is different to the Pods scenario though, as we had a KPF deficiency and he trained with us a number of times. Barlow was no worse a decision made by us than by 14 other clubs (Essendon being the mugs with whom he trained over the pre-season).

That being said, he'd be much more valuable to us than Thorne this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Good or bad game I'm not sure why Pods gets mentioned by so many Doggies supporters.
    If it's about missing out on a local boy or not having the guts to pull the trigger on drafting him a few season earlier I'm actually more dirty about us not having Barlow in our sights.

I'm not a big follower of the VFL, being that I live up north. I was making a note on a thread that he had some poor kicking today.

I wouldn't have a clue who was good at VFL level, I can only rely on the info from WOOF.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Pods had a shocker today, should of had 4 goals against his name.
    Just got back from the game, and your right Pods did hvae a shocker today, should have had at least 2 goals......the delivery to the forwards wasnt that great, but when he and others got the chance they should have put it on the scoreboard...

Im a huge fan of Micky Barlow, have watched him the past 2 years on and off...and was spewin we didnt grab him...

Ah well we dont have either of them, and ill go watch both of them when i get the chance.........good luck to both guys i say.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minson27 View Post
    Just got back from the game, and your right Pods did hvae a shocker today, should have had at least 2 goals......the delivery to the forwards wasnt that great, but when he and others got the chance they should have put it on the scoreboard...

Im a huge fan of Micky Barlow, have watched him the past 2 years on and off...and was spewin we didnt grab him...

Ah well we dont have either of them, and ill go watch both of them when i get the chance.........good luck to both guys i say.....
    Sometimes the recruiters go far and wide when the player can be on their doorstep. Another example was when Adelaide first signed Huddo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Sometimes the recruiters go far and wide when the player can be on their doorstep. Another example was when Adelaide first signed Huddo.
    Exactly right.....

Post Thanks / Like

For me personally, being a Williamstown supporter all my life, but with the alignment between the Dogs & Werribee, not really caring too much about results, just really enjoyed watching the Pods play, being so dominant, and even making alot of the Bulldog listed players look second rate [most of those players are long gone now].

I guess you just watch some of the VFL listed players, and keep an eye on a few, was a fan of Jarrod Garth, not tall but built like a truck - forward, but obvious d'head off field, there have been a few others you'd think, i wonder if they would have made the grade if selected back then.

So for me, just taking an interest from back then, and now enjoying watching him play for Geelong, although i hope he has a shocker against us....of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    To be fair we didn't really need Barlow because we have plenty of this type. It's just a pity 3 of them are injured though

Post Thanks / Like

I still get the feeling that he is purely for backup reasons, just in case one of there big guns go down during the season. I couldn't see them playing 3 big guys in the forward line come finals & with the inclusion this week of Stokes, it's probably only going to get harder for Pods to get in.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post
    I still get the feeling that he is purely for backup reasons, just in case one of there big guns go down during the season. I couldn't see them playing 3 big guys in the forward line come finals & with the inclusion this week of Stokes, it's probably only going to get harder for Pods to get in.

Thoughts?
    If that is the case Thompson is a terrible coach. Pods is clearly ahead of Hawkins at the moment. If anyone will struggle to keep their spot it will be the hawk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JH40 View Post

Thoughts?
    I reckon that would have been the innitial plan, as a back up option, but like TopDog said, he is clearly ahead of Hawkins.

That said, i actually think their forward structure works with the 3 big men, they don't seem to get in each others way, already have an understanding with each other, and whilst Tom Hawkins is struggling somewhat, he still gives them another option & makes sure opposition defenders need to keep check, and not be given any options to play a loose defnder.

Whilst Geelong have been great for sometime mow, their forward line has never really been seen as dangerous as their midfield or as solid as their defence, having the 3 big men seem to give that forward line a new dimension.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Outraged that we did not recruit Podsiadly, Barlow and Ben Hudson when we initially had the chance. These players were plucked from right under our nose by other clubs. Losing Ben Hudson was bad enough, now there are three strikes. Podsiadly and Barlow were taken as Rookies.

With Podsiadly we may have won a premiership in the last few years. Where is my Premiership Cup? Who is responsible? I'd like to receive a full explanation from the club on how they managed to screw this up.

Podsiadly even trained with us when we were for years lacking a tall forward. I'd like to know who is responsible for these screw-ups and would like their head.

Has the club learned anything by this? Is there anybody at the club who has a red face? Anybody held accountable? Has anybody registered their disappointment with the club administration, or do we just accept this as a badge of mediocracy.

Somebody at the club has to write an answer to this "please explain".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    I'm Outraged that we did not recruit Podsiadly, Barlow and Ben Hudson when we initially had the chance. These players were plucked from right under our nose by other clubs. Losing Ben Hudson was bad enough, now there are three strikes. Podsiadly and Barlow were taken as Rookies.

With Podsiadly we may have won a premiership in the last few years. Where is my Premiership Cup? Who is responsible? I'd like to receive a full explanation from the club on how they managed to screw this up.

Podsiadly even trained with us when we were for years lacking a tall forward. I'd like to know who is responsible for these screw-ups and would like their head.

Has the club learned anything by this? Is there anybody at the club who has a red face? Anybody held accountable? Has anybody registered their disappointment with the club administration, or do we just accept this as a badge of mediocracy.

Somebody at the club has to write an answer to this "please explain".
    Why should the club do that for every so called recruiting error? There are hundered of errors made, but at the time of recruiting we take the best we think is available. 15 other clubs didn't pick Pods and if we did, we wouldn't have Barry Hall, who suits us a lot better.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.