Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Podsiadly

Post Thanks / Like

Re: James Podsiadly

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    I'm Outraged that we did not recruit Podsiadly, Barlow and Ben Hudson when we initially had the chance. These players were plucked from right under our nose by other clubs. Losing Ben Hudson was bad enough, now there are three strikes. Podsiadly and Barlow were taken as Rookies.

With Podsiadly we may have won a premiership in the last few years. Where is my Premiership Cup? Who is responsible? I'd like to receive a full explanation from the club on how they managed to screw this up.

Podsiadly even trained with us when we were for years lacking a tall forward. I'd like to know who is responsible for these screw-ups and would like their head.

Has the club learned anything by this? Is there anybody at the club who has a red face? Anybody held accountable? Has anybody registered their disappointment with the club administration, or do we just accept this as a badge of mediocracy.

Somebody at the club has to write an answer to this "please explain".
    Why don't you send your complaint to the club rather than posting it here?

The bolded bit makes you sound like a tool.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm Outraged that we did not recruit Podsiadly, Barlow and Ben Hudson when we initially had the chance. These players were plucked from right under our nose by other clubs. Losing Ben Hudson was bad enough, now there are three strikes. Podsiadly and Barlow were taken as Rookies.

With Podsiadly we may have won a premiership in the last few years. Where is my Premiership Cup? Who is responsible? I'd like to receive a full explanation from the club on how they managed to screw this up.

Podsiadly even trained with us when we were for years lacking a tall forward. I'd like to know who is responsible for these screw-ups and would like their head.

Has the club learned anything by this? Is there anybody at the club who has a red face? Anybody held accountable? Has anybody registered their disappointment with the club administration, or do we just accept this as a badge of mediocracy.

If we are going to use hindsight I can think of 100's of better players we have missed. Drafting is as much a lottery as it is a science.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    If we are going to use hindsight I can think of 100's of better players we have missed. Drafting is as much a lottery as it is a science.
    Right you are, there was James Condos when we could have picked up Aaron Davey (15 other clubs also decided against picking Davey up)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. We should have drafted Brian Harris when no other club wanted him ...

Oh wait.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad Geelong didn't take a punt on Pods a couple of years earlier...

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure I've read here that we would have but the Crows jumped us that year by using an earlier pick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Pretty sure I've read here that we would have but the Crows jumped us that year by using an earlier pick
    No, the coach of the club at the time said, 'Ben Hudson will never play AFL football'.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    No, the coach of the club at the time said, 'Ben Hudson will never play AFL football'.
    Our mastermind
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    They will not get away with Mooney, Pods and Hawkins in the same side come September.

They might get away with it against Port Adelaide but they won't against good sides in September, especially on the MCG.
    Why? I actually think all 3 compliment each other quite nicely, they can all switch positions up forward as well, Hawkins to me, has shown that he is probably best to switch hit from the forward line, to being that 2nd ruck option, if they can get Ottens back [goodbye Blake].

Pod's strengths, include reading the play as well as any forward going around, he also showed he could also dominate at CHB whilst thrown back there a few times at Werribee, but also his ability to win the contested ball, and natually taking contested grabs, all the strenghts i would have thought that would be vital come September.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry James the man responsible is now gone and he's with The gold coast, perhaps you'd like to join him?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.