Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Eade prepares to wield axe

BULLDOGS coach Rodney Eade has flagged a number of player changes after his side gave up a 30-point lead to go down to the Lions by 22 points at the Gabba on Saturday night.

Eade said Brad Johnson and Jason Akermanis will be automatic inclusions for Friday night’s clash with Adelaide at Docklands.

But he said other players will come under scrutiny after poor kicking skills and tackling pressure cost the Dogs dearly against the Lions.

“Certainly there’s some worrying signs there for maybe a bit of the team but certainly some individuals,” Eade said.

“It was across the board, it was a mixture of experienced players and some younger players as well but there will be a few blokes back next week so we’re going to have to make some changes anyway to fit those guys in.

Maybe we’ve just got to give it a jolt a bit and we’ve got to find some people who are just going to work consistently.”

Eade said the scoreline flattered the Bulldogs, who were beaten in inside fifties (72 to 39) marks (101 to 73) and disposals (382 to 341).

While he praised the likes of Brian Lake and Dale Morris for helping keep Jonathan Brown and Brendan Fevola goalless for the first half, Eade said the Lions were seeing too much of the ball due to costly turnovers.

“The dam wall was always going to break at some stage,” Eade said.

“We just weren’t able to generate some run and when we were able to do that we just turned it over.

The Lions lifted their intensity, they got confidence from that, we fumbled and mucked around and didn’t play our normal way.”

Eade said slippery conditions could explain some of the dropped marks but not the poor kicking, which was particularly disappointing after the Bulldogs booted the first goal of the third quarter to go five goals clear.

Eade said they fully expected an aggressive Lions outfit and the Bulldogs failed to match their intensity levels.

“Some people had told us that Brisbane had been setting themselves since pre-season for this game so we knew that,” Eade said.

“We knew our first six weeks especially was really tough with six-day breaks, interstate travel so we’ve just got to ride through that.”

Tom Williams was stretchered off early in the third quarter after a heavy knock to the head, coinciding with a Lions revivial.

Williams returned to the field to play a part in the final term but Eade said the incident couldn’t be blamed for triggering the Lions' nine-goal second half blitz.

“They seemed to gain momentum after that but that’s full credit to them, I don’t think it was any particular reason because Tom was off.”

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/se...4/default.aspx
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade prepares to wield axe

Does anyone think this is going to happen?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

No.

2 changes, and only if Johnson and Akermanis are fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Headline doesn't reflect the article, in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Eade has threatened before, and only made 1-2 changes. Johnson and Aker in, minson and hill out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Eade has threatened before, and only made 1-2 changes. Johnson and Aker in, minson and hill out
    Which of the two is going to ruck ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno on Akers back?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

Believe it when i see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Why panic? Geelong were flat after playing the Hawks and lost after travelling West on top of a 6 day break.

We did exactly the same thing - looked flat after travelling north on the back of a 6 day break after the Hawks game.

Johnno & Aker in, Hill out and one more. No need to panic IMO.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Why panic? Geelong were flat after playing the Hawks and lost after travelling West on top of a 6 day break.

We did exactly the same thing - looked flat after travelling north on the back of a 6 day break after the Hawks game.

Johnno & Aker in, Hill out and one more No need to panic IMO.
    I think that'd be the minimum most supporters are looking for. Three to four changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Josh, he does appear to be a problem child.

And yet he is also a proven goal kicker.... what might he have been worth on the ground in the prelim against St Kilda last year. I bet Rodney would have loved to have had him as an option in the final minutes of that game.

Hopefully we can continue to support him whilst he develops a level of consistent prformance, which meets the coaches expectations.

Any chance that Jordan Roughead will get a game at Will's expense??? Not that I would like to see Big Will go missing either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Poor Josh, he does appear to be a problem child.

And yet he is also a proven goal kicker.... what might he have been worth on the ground in the prelim against St Kilda last year. I bet Rodney would have loved to have had him as an option in the final minutes of that game.
    Last years prelim was exactly the sort of game where Josh would be the last person you would want.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Moles and Hill will make way for Johno and Aker.
    And Rocket may just give Big Will a stint at Willy and Roughy to debut.

I'd be happy with the three changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Must be time for Roughy to appear as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I think Moles and Hill will make way for Johno and Aker.
    And Rocket may just give Big Will a stint at Willy and Roughy to debut.

I'd be happy with the three changes.
    Drop Moles????????? C'mon he's been one of our most consistent.
    and by the way
    "Who needs a Tart hen you've got a Moles"?