Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs Fan in the clink

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree on the point of the punishment.

It's not about the hysteria of celebrity at all for mine. It's about our players being able to go about their business without threat or fear of missiles/offensive items coming over the fence at them. I don't like Fevola, but his style adds a certain showmanship that gives footy some of it's great character (Yes, I used the term Fevola and great character in the same sentence, but believe me they would ordinarily be mutually exclusive).

If a player chooses to banter with a spectator or respond to their taunts so be it. Tossing beer on them is not on. Would we all still feel the same if it had been a cup full of urine (and before anyone cries shenanigans, I have seen a feral supporter from another side pi$$ing in a cup at a game)?
    I totally agree with you that at no time is it ok for anyone to throw anything over the fence and I don't think anyone disagrees with that. The issue is the gross mishandling of the individual that, despite doing something incredibly stupid on the national stage, deserves to be treated with at least a grain of comparison to others that do something similarly incredibly stupid. But like Bornadog said it is this side of things that they got horribly wrong. But I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I totally agree with you that at no time is it ok for anyone to throw anything over the fence and I don't think anyone disagrees with that. The issue is the gross mishandling of the individual that, despite doing something incredibly stupid on the national stage, deserves to be treated with at least a grain of comparison to others that do something similarly incredibly stupid. But like Bornadog said it is this side of things that they got horribly wrong. But I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    Fair enough. You're of course right about the requirement for consistency, but it never seems to happen.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing that should cross the fence-line are words and looks. I reckon that it was a waste of beer unless it was XXXX, then I could sort of understand Davey's overwhelming desire to empty his cup as quick as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaDruid View Post
    Only thing that should cross the fence-line are words and looks. I reckon that it was a waste of beer unless it was XXXX, then I could sort of understand Davey's overwhelming desire to empty his cup as quick as possible.
    Ha ha. Funny. Although one might asked why he spent his hard earned on XXXX in the first place if that were the case.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Only Carlton Mid and Draught at the footy up here.
    Gee it'd be nice if Matilda Bay did a deal with the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furtanken View Post
    Only Carlton Mid and Draught at the footy up here.
    No wonder people keep throwing the stuff away, just as bad as xxxx
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.