Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs Fan in the clink

Jeez, I was embarrassed when I saw this guy on the news tonight. Just the sort of thing we take pride in our supporters NOT doing. As Caro would say "BAD CALL, STUPID CALL, IDIOTIC CALL". Kind of ironic with Fev being the one to point out the perpetrator. Pot and kettle? Penalty harsh in comparison to the woman last year, but it was a dumb thing to do.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Known him for years, played cricket with him for years, top bloke, has a bit of a mouth, but very out charactor to do what he did, he wouldn't hurt a fly, but, stupid thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly know Paul. Played cricket with him for 20 years, used to go the the footy with him and he even went to my wedding.

Very much out of character for him, and I bet he feels extreme remorse.

Interesting to read that Campbell Rose said he wasn't a member, when as far as I know he has been a social club member for years.

Maybe it is time the AFL did something about players running at opposition supporters to taunt them and possibly encite a riot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Certainly know Paul. Played cricket with him for 20 years, used to go the the footy with him and he even went to my wedding.

Interesting to read that Campbell Rose said he wasn't a member, when as far as I know he has been a social club member for years.

Maybe it is time the AFL did something about players running at opposition supporters to taunt them and possibly encite a riot.
    I think he was also wearing the Bulldogs members scarf on the news.

Post Thanks / Like

Isnt that the bulldogs member cap on his head too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Nothing, just public outcry.

Think she apologised and the matter was left at that

Bit different when an opposition fan does the same thing

Two nights in prison. Wow! Thats a long time to sober up!

Post Thanks / Like

If only he had offerred Fev a Betting ticket for Lang park trots!!! Fev woulda pissed off for a punt & we woulda won by 5 goals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    I don't think the penalty was too harsh at all. Love his passion, hate his execution. Behaviour like that is way out of line, simple as that.
    I hope you are kidding. Whilst I do not condone his behaviour at all to suggest that even one night in lock up is fair is absolutely ridiculous.

To put it into perspective for you, when Hurley kicked and punched a taxi driver he spent only a few hours in lockup.

A spokeswoman for Victoria police confirmed a 19-year-old Rosanna man was questioned over an assault following a disputed cab fare in Hoddle St, Richmond, about 5.30am today.

The taxi driver was allegedly kicked and punched but only suffered minor injuries and was not taken to hospital.

Hurley left a police station in Fitzroy just before midday.
    If Fevola was in your face giving you a mouthful in the heat of the moment I would hope the average person could summon the mental strength to do nothing in return. But a silly reaction (probably executed in a relfex manner without thinking) to flick half a beer in his face, whilst unnacceptable, is hardly serious criminal behaviour and to be stripped searched and spend two nights in jail? I am no lawyer but I bet they are hoping that he doesn't have the cash for a good attorney because I suspect even the judge realised that it was extremely heavy handed.

I think a far more appropriate course of action would be to eject him for the game, give him an official police caution, and to give him a punishment that actually fits the crime... an approprite AFL or club enforced sanction that prohibits him attending games for a set period (perhaps 1-3 months like a hotel barring).

If you read the report about the lady that threw beer on Johnson, she too was an average footy fan and she seemed sincerely sorry for her actions for the unprovoked attack. At the time all parties involved seemed to acknowledge that it was just a bad judgement call and the embarrassment of the incident was probably punishment enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post

Did you see the footage, he hardly even threw half a cup of beer on his back, I doubt Fev even felt it. Nothing like the drenching Johnno copped last year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Initially the club was given the member's name incorrectly by the media which led to the confusion as to whether he was a member or not. It has since been clarified & he is a member.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

KB and Patrick Smith are all over it this morning, being incredibly sanctimonious, calling it a criminal act (compaing it to a player blowing above the legal limit, lying about it etc.) and saying that the club's reaction was pathetic.

I'm always reminded why I don't listen to those clowns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    KB and Patrick Smith are all over it this morning, being incredibly sanctimonious, calling it a criminal act (compaing it to a player blowing above the legal limit, lying about it etc.) and saying that the club's reaction was pathetic.

They didn't get all that worked up or call it a criminal act when Johnno was doused with beer last year. Idiots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post

Meh.

SEN’s share of the Melbourne radio market is pathetic so any attack on the Bulldogs brand will have minimal damage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Meh.

SEN’s share of the Melbourne radio market is pathetic so any attack on the Bulldogs brand will have minimal damage.
    Off topic, but what does this mean? I've seen it written a few times, but have no idea!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Off topic, but what does this mean? I've seen it written a few times, but have no idea!!
    Definition of Meh:

Indifference; to be used when one simply does not care. The verbal equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders.