Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The power and the glory

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...0429-twj4.html

A crack at football's ultimate prize, and teammates' generosity, has kept former Port midfielder Nathan Eagleton at the Bulldogs.

THE Western Bulldogs didn't need to search for reasons to keep Nathan Eagleton for another season. The raking left-foot kick, the classy finish and the no-nonsense attitude made that decision a relatively simple one.

The Bulldogs did, however, need to find some dollars in the salary cap, and although Eagleton always felt there was a place for him in the side that had just played St Kilda in a preliminary final, and looked destined for bigger things in 2010, he also knew his future rested in part with his teammates
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The power and the glory

What a great thought in this day and age, when the unholy dollar seems to rule the roost in sport.

Many thanks to all the players wo "kicked the can" to keep Nathan at Footscray.

Hopefully it will turn out to be the best investment you could have made in your own playing careers.

Thanks also to Nathan himself, who was prepared to back himself and suffer a gruelling pre-season with no gaurantee of a game in 2010.

Having said that I think blind freddy could see Nathan Eagleton is very definitely a part of our best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The power and the glory

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post

Having said that I think blind freddy could see Nathan Eagleton is very definitely a part of our best 22.
    My name isn't Fred and my vision is ok so obviously I can't agree with this statement.