Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad Johnson faces test before Dees clash

WESTERN Bulldogs skipper Brad Johnson is battling groin soreness before Friday night's clash against Melbourne.

Although the Dogs remain hopeful the veteran will improve enough to play, he will be tested later in the week.

Johnson has only just recovered from a nagging achilles/calf problem and the club will take a no-risk approach with the forward.

In other injury news at Whitten Oval, prized father-son recruit Ayce Cordy requires further shoulder surgery, ruling him out for up to eight weeks.

To read the rest of the article click HERE
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brad Johnson faces test before Dees clash

Not good hopefully not serious. Crap that Johnson is starting to get niggly injuries

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno shouldn't play unless he's 100%. Bad news for Ayce but hopefully he can over his shoulder issues now that he's had the other one tightened up.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno should be playing deep in the forward line with Hall. Use his pace on a lead (yes he still has some pace).
    I do not think it is best for the team to see Johnno running around on a wing. His disposal is not the best and would provide more up forward. I would like to think the reason he has been playing on a wing is to increase his fitness base.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Johnno should be playing deep in the forward line with Hall. Use his pace on a lead (yes he still has some pace).
    I do not think it is best for the team to see Johnno running around on a wing. His disposal is not the best and would provide more up forward. I would like to think the reason he has been playing on a wing is to increase his fitness base.
    Couldn't agree more.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno's great strength is his capacity to run all day. By running up and down the ground he is able to sap the energy of his opponent and is then able to turn him around to create an option. If he becomes a stay at home forward he will lose this ability and even though he has some pace he isn't any quicker than the defender who will pick him up. (These aren't my words)

I do agree that Johnno's field kicking is poor and the turnovers he creates aren't helping the team at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Johnno's great strength is his capacity to run all day. By running up and down the ground he is able to sap the energy of his opponent and is then able to turn him around to create an option. If he becomes a stay at home forward he will lose this ability and even though he has some pace he isn't any quicker than the defender who will pick him up. (These aren't my words)

I do agree that Johnno's field kicking is poor and the turnovers he creates aren't helping the team at all.
    The problem being he is not turning him around to create an option. I want him to play similar to what he did 1-2 seasons back. Only difference a cameo to Hall as opposed to being the only 'go to' forward.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem being he is not turning him around to create an option. I want him to play similar to what he did 1-2 seasons back. Only difference a cameo to Hall as opposed to being the only 'go to' forward.
    Maybe he can't.

Perhaps being crashed and bashed over the past 6 to 8 years as our 'power' forward has taken in it's toll and we are now left with a player that is a shadow of his former (extremely good) self.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought his field kicking was really good against Adelaide (the best I'd seen him use the ball further up field for a number of years). Agree that it wasn't so great against St Kilda.

Whether that boils down to him being sore, or whether the increased intensity and defensive pressure when playing a better side, made the game too fast for him to execute properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he can't.

Perhaps being crashed and bashed over the past 6 to 8 years as our 'power' forward has taken in it's toll and we are now left with a player that is a shadow of his former (extremely good) self.
    Fair point.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he can't.

Agree I think we may now be paying the price for Brad playing a KP .

Post Thanks / Like

With Cordy out for 8 weeks (what a dissapointment but hopefully he can get over it) would Hooper deserve to be on the senior list?, he seems to be going pretty well at willy.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough to see that injuries seem to be catching up with Johnno - but I guess it is indicative of a couple of things - the key role he has had to play the past few seasons as a forward and also his age. He has had a pretty good run with injuries over the years, and it must be very difficult for him to come to terms with these nagging problems. I hope for the sake of the team and Johnno, he overcomes them all soon and maybe the 2nd half of the season will see him fit and clear of all injury (hopefully )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggies FTW View Post
    With Cordy out for 8 weeks (what a dissapointment but hopefully he can get over it) would Hooper deserve to be on the senior list?, he seems to be going pretty well at willy.
    Not sure about Hooper, but agree with the idea. Who gets the call up, if anyone?
    - Hooper
    - Prato
    - Panos
    - Rose
    - Daniels

Hooper and Rose are the only ones to have been playing Willy seniors, although Panos played last week with little impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Not sure about Hooper, but agree with the idea. Who gets the call up, if anyone?
    - Hooper
    - Prato
    - Panos
    - Rose
    - Daniels

Hooper and Rose are the only ones to have been playing Willy seniors, although Panos played last week with little impact.
    We would only elevate another rookie if they are a realistic chance of playing AFL footy. Those mentioned are no closer to playing AFL footy than you or me. Let them play consistent footy in the seniors at Williamstown before we start looking too far ahead.