Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brad Johnson faces test before Dees clash

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    We would only elevate another rookie if they are a realistic chance of playing AFL footy. Those mentioned are no closer to playing AFL footy than you or me. Let them play consistent footy in the seniors at Williamstown before we start looking too far ahead.
    Maybe Moles could stay on the list as Howard is almost ready to resume(which means Moles gets dropped off) and Cordy could go onto the long term injury list.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Brad Johnson faces test before Dees clash

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    We would only elevate another rookie if they are a realistic chance of playing AFL footy. Those mentioned are no closer to playing AFL footy than you or me. Let them play consistent footy in the seniors at Williamstown before we start looking too far ahead.
    Agree 100%

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Johnno's great strength is his capacity to run all day. By running up and down the ground he is able to sap the energy of his opponent and is then able to turn him around to create an option. If he becomes a stay at home forward he will lose this ability and even though he has some pace he isn't any quicker than the defender who will pick him up. (These aren't my words)

I do agree that Johnno's field kicking is poor and the turnovers he creates aren't helping the team at all.
    It might of been his injury but he did look the slowest man out there last week.

Scott West's career ended in a similar way, barely missed a game in his career until a niggling injury just continued to the point where he couldn't play.

I fear that Johnno will end up the same way. Perhaps we need to handle him with kid gloves, ease him back in at Williamstown until his body stands up. It's clear he isn't pulling up well at AFL level after the interuptions and injuries he's had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Scott West's career ended in a similar way, barely missed a game in his career until a niggling injury just continued to the point where he couldn't play.

I fear that Johnno will end up the same way.
    Agreed, apart from the nature of the injuries each had, the similarities are there... and worrying.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]