Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

One in, one out for Western Bulldogs

One in, one Out

Jackie Epstein From: Herald Sun May 05, 2010 1:40PM

THE Bulldogs will be without captain Brad Johnson this week, but get Matthew Boyd back from injury.

Boyd missed Friday night’s loss to St Kilda with a broken hand, leaving Dogs coach Rodney Eade rueing the timing of his injury.

“(It was a) bit disappointing he couldn’t played last week, if it was a Sunday game he might have come up,” Eade said after training this morning.

He confirmed the hard-nosed midfielder would be fit for this Friday night’s clash with Melbourne.

However, Johnson will be missing with a groin injury.

“He won’t play, he’ a little bit tight in the groin. (His year) has been a bit interrupted, he’s getting little niggles. One was the Achilles (tendon) and then the cart incident (Johnson was hit by a trainer driving a drinks cart during training several weeks ago) put him back a little,” Eade said.

“His fitness is pretty good, so from that aspect it’s not too bad. We would think at worst it would be one week.”
    Liam Picken is ahead of schedule – back within in five weeks rather than the expected eight. Callum Ward is back in fives weeks.

The Dogs’ coach said he was satisfied with his team’s 3-3 start to the season.

“We’re in the same position as last year. This year, we’ve played better sides to this stage but we would have loved another win.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: One in, one out for Western Bulldogs

Hurry back, Ward and Picken! We miss yuz real bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you type this out, or get it from their website? Because surely they would get Callan Ward's name right, and not call him Callum...

Good news that Boyd is back, even if it is one week too late.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Did you type this out, or get it from their website? Because surely they would get Callan Ward's name right, and not call him Callum...

copied from website
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was certain that the cart incident didn't really do any serious damage to Johnno?

Sigh.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you so sure of that? We still have people on this board using Griffin, Acker and Hargraves.

I'm not surprised a journo gets it wrong.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i don't know who wrote the article but there were a lot of typo's and poor grammar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by St 07 View Post
    I was certain that the cart incident didn't really do any serious damage to Johnno?

Sigh.
    That's what they said
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    Are you so sure of that? We still have people on this board using Griffin, Acker and Hargraves.

I'm not surprised a journo gets it wrong.
    Journos are supposed to have some form of professionalism though. Not just misspelling a player's name, but getting it completely wrong, is not great. But the standards for grammar and spelling are not too high in the Herald Sun, constantly frustrates me.

Griffin and Hargraves have annoyed me for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    That's what they said
    When Rocket says something like ''it put him back a little'' my smoke and mirrors detector goes into overdrive.

I thought the word was that it didn't really affect him at all.

Here's hoping that by rounds 15+ all of these niggles putting him in and out of the team are long forgotten!