Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barry Hall or nothing for the Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    IMO, defense was and still is the problem. Last week showed how our defense can go to water quickly when the pressure is on. Compare this with the miserly defenses of Geelong and St Kilda, who IMO are still the benchmark of the comp.
    The way our defence has stood up against pummelling this year (Saints & Brisbane smashed us for inside 50s in H2 both games) has been remarkable.
    It's our midfield that's the problem - not working hard enough to defend, and their goals scored output appears to be lower as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    The way our defence has stood up against pummelling this year (Saints & Brisbane smashed us for inside 50s in H2 both games) has been remarkable.
    It's our midfield that's the problem - not working hard enough to defend, and their goals scored output appears to be lower as well.
    ^^^
    Yep.

No coincidence that our midfield shut-down capacity is low and Ward, Boyd and Picken are missing.

Post Thanks / Like

Bazza still can't buy a free.
    Rocket needs to keep Bazza's mind on it and let him know his time will come.
    We don't need a brain fade.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Bazza only scored me 29 SC points

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    Was lucky to get that, he deserved minus points tonight. Really very disappointed in his game tonight. His game reminded me of that snickers add with Betty White, Barry played like her tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Was lucky to get that, he deserved minus points tonight. Really very disappointed in his game tonight. His game reminded me of that snickers add with Betty White, Barry played like her tonight.
    You are being totally unfair to Bazza. All we did was bomb it up high and expected him to take a pack mark. He is not a good pack mark. He needs to be leading out and to be hit on the chest, unfortunately in the conditions that was not going to happen.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You are being totally unfair to Bazza. All we did was bomb it up high and expected him to take a pack mark. He is not a good pack mark. He needs to be leading out and to be hit on the chest, unfortunately in the conditions that was not going to happen.
    I wasn't expecting him to take pack marks on a night like tonight but he didn't win a one on one contest all night. When the ball hit the ground his man beat him hands down, he looked very sore or very old to me. It might sound harsh but thats how i saw it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    Barry has been double & triple teamed yet we still go for him. Where are the other forwards? Shouldn't they then be free? Shouldn't they be crumbing?
    I think Baz is doing his job and dragging players to him, as Rocket wants, but where are our loose men? Down the centre or the backline!
    Someone please start crumbing for Baz!
    Yes, what you said!

It's simple maths, as far as I see it. If Baz has 2 or 3 crunching him, that has to leave some of our others free. And when he does have extra company, do we have to kick it to him? He's not Superman. They've yet to work it all out...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    We have a dream team/supercoach thread so lets keep those discussions there.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I wasn't expecting him to take pack marks on a night like tonight but he didn't win a one on one contest all night. When the ball hit the ground his man beat him hands down, he looked very sore or very old to me. It might sound harsh but thats how i saw it.
    I gather you didn't see Everitt's goal?

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    At what point does Rocket need to come out in the media and question Barry's treatment by the umpires. He has been given 2 free kicks in his 7 games for us so far and is regularly abused by the opposition. Yesterday he played up for one that was a push square in his back in an attempt to get the umpire to notice, no free. 2 minutes later he is being held and then had his arms chopped and got no free. It's getting beyond a joke at the moment.

In comparison with other forwards.
    Daniel Bradshaw has 3 Frees for from 6 games.
    Jonathan Brown has 5 FF from 6 games.
    Buddy who is often seen to be unfairly treated has 6 FF from 4 games.
    Nick Riewoldt has 7 FF from 4 games.

Post Thanks / Like

I did feel for Bazza last night when he attempted to handball the ball back to a Melbourne player after a free kick & it slipped (hello, it was wet!) & didn't make it on the ball. it got to the player on the first bounce. 50 metre penalty!!

I just felt the umpire had no feel for the conditions, but if its the rule its the rule. Funny how later in the game when we had a free at half back the Melbourne player threw the ball back, again not on the full. No 50 metre penalty!!

Surely something like that is not that hard to be consistent about?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I did feel for Bazza last night when he attempted to handball the ball back to a Melbourne player after a free kick & it slipped (hello, it was wet!) & didn't make it on the ball. it got to the player on the first bounce. 50 metre penalty!!

I just felt the umpire had no feel for the conditions, but if its the rule its the rule. Funny how later in the game when we had a free at half back the Melbourne player threw the ball back, again not on the full. No 50 metre penalty!!

Surely something like that is not that hard to be consistent about?
    This is the problem with every aspect of umpiring. Consistency for all players.
    Certain players get an armchair ride while others don't. Barry is one that doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    At what point does Rocket need to come out in the media and question Barry's treatment by the umpires. He has been given 2 free kicks in his 7 games for us so far and is regularly abused by the opposition. Yesterday he played up for one that was a push square in his back in an attempt to get the umpire to notice, no free. 2 minutes later he is being held and then had his arms chopped and got no free. It's getting beyond a joke at the moment.

In comparison with other forwards.
    Daniel Bradshaw has 3 Frees for from 6 games.
    Jonathan Brown has 5 FF from 6 games.
    Buddy who is often seen to be unfairly treated has 6 FF from 4 games.
    Nick Riewoldt has 7 FF from 4 games.
    Kudos to Bazza for NOT going the biff. I'm a peaceful man, but in his position, I'd be pretty p***ed off by now...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Rocket needs to keep Bazza's mind on it and let him know his time will come.
    We don't need a brain fade.
    Bazza will have to be knocked out to get a free inside 50

Post Thanks / Like

As commented on a footy panel show tonight to cooney, does having hall in the side, does it take time to adjust the game plan to get that structure flowing right?