Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs need to adjust to Barry Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    With St. Kilda, especially, if you man up their loose player they will simply throw another one back, and another, and another. Lyon would play with a 2 man forward line in an instant.
    It's a good point.

How do you counter the game plan then? Can we afford to play into their hands? How do/will Geelong play them?

Obviously Ethiad suits their style of play. The MCG can be difficult for them, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Get in front on the scoreboard and chip it around for 3 and a half quaters!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cooney on the show "Before The Game" said he seems to end up kicking to Hall, because he demands the ball and is usually in the right position, so its hard not to kick to him.

We need the small forward hovering around his knees for the crumbs, something we haven't seen so far.

Cooney is probably the best at getting the ball to Hall in the team. He kicks it to the right spots before Hall has even started his lead alot of times and it usually ends up with Hall taking a mark 30-40 metres out directly in front.

When it's done fast it generally works. If someone stops and props then bombs it on the head of Hall he has very little chance of taking the mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Is there a difference between a smart loss and a stupid one?
    yes. In that a stupid loss to which I'm referring to is one where we should win comfortably, but don't.

And I never said their is a smart loss. I said loss and stupid loss.