Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Games

Post Thanks / Like

Round 8 Games

Some real '8 pointers' this week. 4 of the games feature the top 9 teams.

Fremantle v Collingwood
    Western Bulldogs v Sydney
    Melbourne v West Coast
    Brisbane v Geelong
    North Melbourne v Adelaide
    Richmond v Hawthorn
    Port Adelaide v Carlton
    St.Kilda v Essendon
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 8 Games

I was just going to start this thread beat me too it TCD.

Huge weekend coming up, we could be sitting in the top 4 next week if results go our way.

You could add the Saints/Essendon game to that list of 4 huge games, after last night I wouldn't be surprised to the Bombers victorious.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

My perfect weekend checklist

-Fremantle beats Collingwood by any margin(doesn't affect us but I'm surrounded by Pies fans at work)
    -Dogs beat Swans by at least 5 goals
    -Lions smash Geelong(can't see this one happening)
    -Carlton narrowly beating the Power
    -Bombers beating the Saints by any margin

Dogs now sit in third position(forth if Cats win or don't lose by much).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

My perfect weekend

- Dogs smash Swans

Don't give a bugger about the rest*

*I must admit I did like seeing St. Kilda get rolled last night

Post Thanks / Like

How tight is it this round? Just about every game could go either way. Going to be a make or break week in the tipping

Post Thanks / Like

Wayde Skipper is on an extended bench for the Hawks.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs Win and Win and keep winning and the rest takes care of itself

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Wayde Skipper is on an extended bench for the Hawks.
    Very good news.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone catch the Collingwood & Freo clash last night?

Couldn't help noticing the absolutely appalling display by Adam McPhee. He couldn't hold a mark, miss kicked, turned the ball over, didn't shepherd & was a dead set liability for the Dockers.

I might have been biased as I don't like him, but you could sense the crowd were getting on his back too, got the bronx cheers when he got the ball in the final term.

Very impressive running display by Collingwood out of & through the middle.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood are looking pretty good, round 11 is looking harder and harder every week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Anyone catch the Collingwood & Freo clash last night?

Couldn't help noticing the absolutely appalling display by Adam McPhee. He couldn't hold a mark, miss kicked, turned the ball over, didn't shepherd & was a dead set liability for the Dockers.

I might have been biased as I don't like him, but you could sense the crowd were getting on his back too, got the bronx cheers when he got the ball in the final term.

Very impressive running display by Collingwood out of & through the middle.
    If Nanny McPhee doesn't improve he could be a goner, I've seen a couple of Freo games and he has been a liability. I think the wobbles are going to be a real worry this year, I'd love to see them taken back a bit because they are becoming very smart arsed about the way they are going about it.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Last night's game really surprised me. Collingwood were seemingly able to just pile on goals with ease (and without me really noticing). I was shocked at 1/4 time to see they had kicked 7!

Thankfully I tipped Collingwood and the game went much the way I had expected. I still think we are a better side than both Collingwood and Fremantle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Last night's game really surprised me. Collingwood were seemingly able to just pile on goals with ease (and without me really noticing). I was shocked at 1/4 time to see they had kicked 7!
    They have more (albeit talented) skunks that roll the dice and run ahead of the stoppage than any other team in the competition. Guys like Didak, Swan, Davis, Thomas, etc.. rely on Collingwood winning the stoppage battle and are then in acres of space when they do break, which leads to several soft goals. These guys are very good at finding space and even better at punishing the opposition when they do. That's why they were so keen to get Jolly and Ball to the club to bolster their stoppage capabilities. Have to say they have been extremely effective at it all year, as we witnessed first hand in Round 1.

Easier said than done, but put the clamps on their inside ball winners (in particular Pendlebury), thereby preventing them from winning the clearance battle, and the skunks don't get anywhere near as much space to run riot. They certainly won't be getting that much space come September.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    They have more (albeit talented) skunks that roll the dice and run ahead of the stoppage than any other team in the competition. Guys like Didak, Swan, Davis, Thomas, etc.. rely on Collingwood winning the stoppage battle and are then in acres of space when they do break, which leads to several soft goals. These guys are very good at finding space and even better at punishing the opposition when they do. That's why they were so keen to get Jolly and Ball to the club to bolster their stoppage capabilities. Have to say they have been extremely effective at it all year, as we witnessed first hand in Round 1.

Easier said than done, but put the clamps on their inside ball winners (in particular Pendlebury), thereby preventing them from winning the clearance battle, and the skunks don't get anywhere near as much space to run riot. They certainly won't be getting that much space come September.
    Very good Sedat, you summed it up very well. If Jolly gets beaten in the ruck and a couple of close taggers on their inside ball winners and it would be interesting to see how they go.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    -Carlton narrowly beating the Power
    -Bombers beating the Saints by any margin
    If these results fall our way, we could finish the round in the top 4. Tracking along ok for a team that's apparently struggling.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.