Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What Changes Round 13

Big match coming up and we know Murphy and Eagleton are going to miss. Chris Grant looks like he will play his first game for the season, who else can we bring in? Maybe after the Weribee game we wil have a better idea.

Out: Murphy. Eagleton

In: One of the following, Grant, Power, Faulkner, or maybe a surprise

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Changes Round 13

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Big match coming up and we know Murphy and Eagleton are going to miss. Chris Grant looks like he will play his first game for the season, who else can we bring in? Maybe after the Weribee game we wil have a better idea.

Out: Murphy. Eagleton

In: One of the following, Grant, Power, Faulkner, or maybe a surprise
    Tomorrow's game will probably answer the question but I will go with Grant and Robbins.

Post Thanks / Like

Outs - Murph and Eagleton

Ins - Grant and either Robbins or Power

Post Thanks / Like

Would lean towards Robbins as the second change (assuming Eagle gets done).
    Archer's 300th, they'll be fired up & I'd expect something fairly physical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blogger View Post
    Tomorrow's game will probably answer the question but I will go with Grant and Robbins.
    Not sure if any one went today to see the Bee's, I couldn't make it. How did the boys go and who will come in. From the HUN, best for Werribee were: Young Lynch Castello Henderson Barham Gleeson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure if any one went today to see the Bee's, I couldn't make it. How did the boys go and who will come in. From the HUN, best for Werribee were: Young Lynch Castello Henderson Barham Gleeson
    I went but my view of the footy was obscured by a tantrum-throwing three-year-old. I gave up at 3/4 time.

Faulkner didn't play.

From the little I saw, Lynch and Power were probably the best two listed players although no-one exactly screamed out 'you have to pick me now!'. Power was still doing those 20 metre chip kicks - no risk and no reward.

Robbins got the first goal of the game but was terrible after that and ended up dragged.

Grant was good early, beating Reid one-on-one a few times. Reid got a soft one where he was first to react to a miskick. Reid is a big boy who moves really well and will end up a really good player. Grant went forward after half time and got a few touches early on in the third. Unfortunately he missed with his first shot and layed it off to Hill/Stack/Lynch (opposite side of the ground, I dunno) who missed as well.

Minson was easily beaten again, this time by Chris Bryan.

Everitt was OK. He started on Medhurst and I notice Medhurst kicked four but I can't remember any of them.

McDougall played as a lead-up CHF and had good spells as well as going missing at times. Had a short run in the third where he attacked the ball, broke a tackle and unfortunately missed his snap, you wish he would do it more often. He then took about 4 uncontested marks in a row leading up the ground - then he dropped a pud and the spell was broken. Old Dougs came back.

Skipper kicked a long goal but also missed one or two. Was better than Minson in the ruck and took a couple of marks around the ground but he's just marking time until he gets the chop at the end of the year.

Wight, Hill, Stack and McCormack were hardly sighted and had no impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It wasn't a good day. Grant was beaten by Reid before half time although he did some nice things. Everitt was good and Wight performed well. Robbins also did some good things as did Lynch.
    Minson did some silly things and was taken off for a few minutes. Missed a set shot that he should have made. Hill, McDougall, Skipper, Power and Stack were quiet.
    This doesn't give me confidence at all, its a tough one to pick this week. Lets hope, some how Eagleton gets off or Murphy makes a remarkable recovery.

According to The Age today Grant did pretty well up the ground?

Post Thanks / Like

Well Eagleton out for two and Murphy still injured looks like we have to bring in two players.

Do you think Eade will bring in some one like Stack, even thou he has only played a couple of games for the Werribee seniors? He has the pace and with Eagleton out, Eade maybe could be looking at who else with pace can come in?

Post Thanks / Like

Morris, Harris, Hargrave
    Gilbee, Williams, McMahon
    Gian, West, Akermanis
    Harbrow, Johnson, Higgins
    Darcy, Hahn, Grant
    Street, Boyd, Cooney
    Robbins, Ray, Addison, Lynch

is my guess. Although at the same time a runner instead of Robbins is a good idea, no idea who it would be though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Morris, Harris, Hargrave
    Gilbee, Williams, McMahon
    Gian, West, Akermanis
    Harbrow, Johnson, Higgins
    Darcy, Hahn, Grant
    Street, Boyd, Cooney
    Robbins, Ray, Addison, Lynch

is my guess. Although at the same time a runner instead of Robbins is a good idea, no idea who it would be though.
    Eek! Will that be enough to beat the kangas?
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks pretty bare doesn't it? Not too sure if it will be enough, we are really going to miss Eagleton and Murph the next few weeks, but it gives some of the younger guys a chance to impress, and perhaps Akermanis, Gia and McMahon more chances in the midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Time for Ray to step up to the plate?

How big a tank does Harbrow have? Could he handle midfield stints?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's time to bring in Everitt.

He has been the most consistent player for Werribee, and I think we can take a leaf out of Collingwood's book, and play some more youngsters.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Time for Ray to step up to the plate?

How big a tank does Harbrow have? Could he handle midfield stints?
    Harbrow tends to roam far and wide and although he plays out of a FP or HFF he tends to get alot of his touches across the wing even up to half back. He may even line up on a wing for parts on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Perceived team balance would be one reason why Everitt wouldn't be a walk up start.

I actually think we have been very good at bringing youngsters into the line-up over the last two years. Not sure that bringing more in at this stage will ignite the team.
    Agree with your comments re: Everitt. He will get a chance sooner rather than later, but is probably not required this week.

As far as bringing in more youngsters, I'm all for it as long they aren't keeping out someone who will bring more to the team. Alot of people have Power or Robbins as a possible inclusion. I dont think these 2 offer us something we dont already have or need, would be more than happy to blood another first gamer at the expense of these 2 playing.