Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Calling all 'sympathy' North members

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    Why would anyone have a membership for another club? It makes no sense.
    Particulary one that reminds us of our crap history by one of their 90y/o fans.

turtle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I am not sure that the misguided actions of a few are enough to make me want to sink the boot in to a club that has existed for a long time. There are a lot of good people that support the club, a lot of champions in the purest sense of the word that have played for them, and I am sure a lot of great people that have poured blood, sweat and tears to keep the place going. I am not sure these people deserve your wrath.

Not so long ago our club was financially crippled and we had a little bloke, who remains one of the most hated players to ever play the game, who spent the twilight of his career running around doing a lot of things much dirtier than pushing a bloke over while they were tying their laces.

I think it is fair enough that you dont want to put any more money into North Melbourne, it is extremely noble that you did so in the first place, but I think the rest of your reaction may be a little harsh.

I was a Fitzroy supporter and I was still very young when they went under and my only real memories of them are constantly being thumped by the opposition. Regardless I loved that club and I was devastated when they were 'taken over'. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    Agree wholeheartedly. Every club has its momemts - its mongrels - its legends.
    Every bulldogs person would have been steamed up by last week's event - I know was furious. But remember when it was Libba & Jose doing it? We have bigger fish to fry. We got the win - Bazz got off - let's just on with worrying about Essendon.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta admit I've always felt that way too. We have 6 memberships in our household even though we only use 4 a week. No way would I buy one for another team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I too am in Kensington, walking distance from Arden st - and the only time I ever see any North gear around in the area is a few of the players are walking into the TAB for a bet after training - or grabbing a coffee at Kitch!
    Let's hope they are not betting on footy...

I joined up my other half to the Bulldogs years ago when we were in financial and membership strife, even though he barracks for the Cats (but has never been a member ). At that stage Geelong wasn't much better than us so we were sympathetic to each other's teams. However, after 2 premierships and quite a lot of smugness on the part of this person I am now OVER Geelong and over paying for this extra membership. This is the END.